GV ISSUE: SS can't access GV account --**SOLVED!!!**--

Support zone
johnjaylward

Re: GV ISSUE: SS can't access GV account --**SOLVED!!!**--

Post by johnjaylward » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:09 pm

after doing some research by looking at the implementation in the call plan code and looking at what google offeres for apis. I found these:

From the source it looks like you are using web scraping to log in and use the web page directly.

Not sure if you have seen this doc, but here is info on the new Authentication methods google supports:
http://code.google.com/apis/accounts/do ... h2.html#SS
http://code.google.com/apis/accounts/do ... egistering
.NET specific libraries:
http://code.google.com/p/google-api-dot ... iki/OAuth2

Hope this helps resolve any issues with the new multi-factor or application specific passwords.

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:28 pm

The problem is Google Voice doesn't provide an API to place calls to the links you provided aren't likely to be relevant. Instead to get Google Voice to initiate a call it's necessary to simulate a normal user login to the Google Voice home page and then the actions they take to use the place a call form.

I have already tried to get sipsorcery working with application specific passwords (see viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3165) but to no avail. It's interesting that your iPhone application manages to do it. Does that app initiate Google Voice calls? Even if it does it still may not be using the Google Voice web page to do it as it's possible to initiate calls using Google's XMPP gateway IF the device initiating the call is also the one receiving the media. If you were able to get any more information about how the iPhone app works with the Google Voice web page using application specific password I'd be more than happy to investigate.

johnjaylward

Post by johnjaylward » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:52 pm

The google voice app does let me place calls. It was developed by google so it's also highly likely they are using Apis not publically available. I wish I was more network savvy so I could set up a listener on my router to see what kind of data the app is sending.

macovet1

Post by macovet1 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:01 am

Please note that the verification process I did to reactivate GV was through my gmail account.

johnjaylward

Post by johnjaylward » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:14 am

johnjaylward wrote:The google voice app does let me place calls. It was developed by google so it's also highly likely they are using Apis not publically available. I wish I was more network savvy so I could set up a listener on my router to see what kind of data the app is sending.
Another note on the app is that I actually use it on my iPod so I get to choose the dial back number. I don't believe it's using the xmpp interface.

luluxiu

Post by luluxiu » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:00 am

This is the beginning Dingqi up, and now it looks like Google has implemented some additional security measures, such as, if you try from one location, this is not an extra step is required to manually verify the default location of log on to a Google Account....

rpankoe

Post by rpankoe » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:33 pm

I am having this same issue were I get "DialPlan 17:23:33:413 sip1(157888): Exception on GoogleVoiceCall. Could not find _rnr_se key on your Google Voice account page, callback cannot proceed."

Do I need to port my number to a different (new) google account that I setup just for this? Is there a work-around to keep it under my same gmail account?

What's odd is that I have a gmail account (not working - having this issue) and a Google Apps account on my own domain and the Google Apps account works on the 2nd line of my SPA2102 with that SS account. It's only the one gmail account that's having this error.

I wonder if SS could create some kind of test in the GV procedure call so that if verification is requested, that an answer to that question could be provided in the dial plan?

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:01 pm

rpankoe wrote:I wonder if SS could create some kind of test in the GV procedure call so that if verification is requested, that an answer to that question could be provided in the dial plan?
The point of Google's verification question is to confirm you are the person you are attempting to login as. I don't think there's any easy way to code around that and even if there was doing so would probably not be wise.

rpankoe

Post by rpankoe » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:38 am

Aaron wrote:
rpankoe wrote:I wonder if SS could create some kind of test in the GV procedure call so that if verification is requested, that an answer to that question could be provided in the dial plan?
The point of Google's verification question is to confirm you are the person you are attempting to login as. I don't think there's any easy way to code around that and even if there was doing so would probably not be wise.
So really the only option that I have if i want this device to work is to create a new gmail account just for Google Voice and transfer my number (that I just ported to this account) to that new account? Or is there a way to verify manually when this is an issue to clear the security flag?

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:29 am

You should be able to verify manually by logging into your Google Voice account through a US proxy server. There are some notes on how to do it in previous posts on this thread.