GV ISSUE: SS can't access GV account --**SOLVED!!!**--

Support zone
rpankoe

Re: GV ISSUE: SS can't access GV account --**SOLVED!!!**--

Post by rpankoe » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:23 pm

Aaron wrote:You should be able to verify manually by logging into your Google Voice account through a US proxy server. There are some notes on how to do it in previous posts on this thread.
I'm in the US, so I'm not sure why I'm having this issue. Can someone recommend what specifically to do to resolve this? I guess there is no way that SS has a proxy that we can connect through to verify our accounts so that it comes from the same IP and opens the account back up again? Are there other reputable proxys that someone could recommend to be used to verify our accounts that would be secure?

arash_shah

Re: GV ISSUE --**SOLVED!!!**--

Post by arash_shah » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:42 pm

macovet1 wrote: After I proceed to verification THROUGH A U.S. PROXY SERVER, I logout my gmail account, tried through SS again and IT WORKED!
Hi macovet1,

How did you initiate the verification? I've tried login using tor (i.e. through US proxy) and nothing pop's up for verification. I'm in Canada so most of my logins get tagged as coming from Canada.

Thanks

raamkum

Post by raamkum » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:39 pm

Hey!

I am also having the same issue. I am in US and login my gmail account didn't get any verification. :(
How do I solve this issue?

Thanks!

snarke

Post by snarke » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:02 pm

Here's another person chiming in with "outbound dialing via GoogleVoice is broken."

Attempts to make an outbound call results in "ring ring ring ring ring ring 'TemporarilyUnavailable'"

My GoogleVoice page blithely denies any attempts to place an outbound call.

I don't know where I would access more detailed logging of the problem.

I don't have/use GMail. I tried logging into my Google account via a proxy server; no extra validation page was presented to me the first time I tried it.

Then I tried http://voice.google.com. I was entirely unable to access that at all. Every attempt via a proxy server resulted in either an infinite redirect loop, or (in one case) simply a blank page.

Not too surprisingly, placing the call via the Google Voice web page works just fine.

I think I'll start a new thread for this ....

beaver

Post by beaver » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:55 pm

I was about to test. But my gv + sigpate issue has been fixed by Aaron. Hence my line is up now.

degarb

Post by degarb » Tue May 08, 2012 3:57 pm

I am confused. Is it fixed or not. Is it a ip blacklist or not? what is workaround? is it broken forever? Has dialing plan changed?

Clearly, people like me are in USA and having this issue? Been months, I have been hoping it would clear itsself up.

My ip unfortunately has not change since this issue arose. I called my isp, but they said they had no way to change my ip address, as it is auto assigned. I have tried rebooting router repeatedly, pluging in different things into cable modem, when rebooting. But ip doesn;t change.

user11

Post by user11 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:59 pm

I fixed mine fairly simple, using the Google - clear the Captcha method. It gives you 10 minutes to access the account by anything that happens to be getting blocked for verification and then allows that service to login without problems, but if that service changes IP addresses again you may have to do this process all over.

https://support.google.com/mail/bin/ans ... swer=78754

Curious

Post by Curious » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:09 am

Thanks for the link. It worked for me too.
Follow the link for a transitioned Google Apps account user to clear CAPTCHA.
May need to clear the cookies if more than one account.

vdot

Post by vdot » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:53 pm

I'm located in the U.S., and apparently having this problem caused by Google IP Authentication blocking the
SS Server from logging in before GV dialout.

(Sadly) I just now checked out this forum, but previously had gotten Google's "Suspicious sign in prevented"
message via gmail, and unfortunately, initially responded to their verification that the
IP was not me (act first, think later :( ). However, before I left that screen, I checked the IP via Sam Spade,
and saw it was Aaron's IP, so I checked the box to mark it as 'my login' attempt, which should have kept
me from having a problem.

NOT! I still cannot make outgoing calls via GV (get the Temporarily UnAvailable message). I don't want to
set up another GV account, as the one I'm using is my prmary, and I'm using integrated VOIP calling under ICS
which means I'd need to change EVERYTHING over to the new account and make that my primary account. Another
reason is that I am using a fallback trunk in PBXes which is using SS...it would just be a mess to get everything
to work together again on multiple android phones and PC-based softphones.

I could use some help. My whole voice communications is set up around this, and I can't make an
outgoing call except via my backup (MagicJack).

Does anyone know of a way to check and/or reset blocked IPs on Google Accounts? Any other suggestions
or help in verifying/tracing the issue would be greatly appreciated.

user11

Post by user11 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:02 pm

vdot wrote:I'm located in the U.S., and apparently having this problem caused by Google IP Authentication blocking the
SS Server from logging in before GV dialout.

(Sadly) I just now checked out this forum, but previously had gotten Google's "Suspicious sign in prevented"
message via gmail, and unfortunately, initially responded to their verification that the
IP was not me (act first, think later :( ). However, before I left that screen, I checked the IP via Sam Spade,
and saw it was Aaron's IP, so I checked the box to mark it as 'my login' attempt, which should have kept
me from having a problem.

NOT! I still cannot make outgoing calls via GV (get the Temporarily UnAvailable message). I don't want to
set up another GV account, as the one I'm using is my prmary, and I'm using integrated VOIP calling under ICS
which means I'd need to change EVERYTHING over to the new account and make that my primary account. Another
reason is that I am using a fallback trunk in PBXes which is using SS...it would just be a mess to get everything
to work together again on multiple android phones and PC-based softphones.

I could use some help. My whole voice communications is set up around this, and I can't make an
outgoing call except via my backup (MagicJack).

Does anyone know of a way to check and/or reset blocked IPs on Google Accounts? Any other suggestions
or help in verifying/tracing the issue would be greatly appreciated.
Go back a couple of posts, I linked to the solution you need.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3671&start=20#p22434