GV "_rnr_se key" error problem is back

Support zone
arash_shah

GV "_rnr_se key" error problem is back

Post by arash_shah » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:37 pm

Hi Aaron,

The problem with GV authentication with one of my accounts is back again (my primary GV account). My attempts at resolving it (as I had done last time) have been futile so far (logging into the account through a US proxy or activating and deactivating 2-step sign-in have both failed to fix the problem).

I know there was some discussion about 2-step authentication and application specific password and how neither works with SS. On my phone I use an application call GVCallback which is opensource. This application works using application specific password when 2-step authentication is used. Here is the link to the project page:
http://code.google.com/p/gvcallback/

and I think this is the component of the app that handles the callback initiation:
http://code.google.com/p/gvcallback/sou ... cator.java

Now I have no experience in java apps but just looking through the code it appears that the call back is initiated through http call-up (I may be wrong here). Is there anyway of using info from this code to modify how SS initiates a call back so as to avoid this problem in the future?

Thanks

Arash

Aaron
Site Admin

Re: GV "_rnr_se key" error problem is back

Post by Aaron » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:40 am

I'll check that code out this week.

skyline

Post by skyline » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:10 am

Had the same problem "fast busy" with "_rnr_se key" error the last day or two, but after awhile, it always went away.

Not sure if it had anything to do with it, but today, I logged out of my Google Voice account and then back in and everything worked as designed.

arash_shah

Post by arash_shah » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:32 am

Thanks Skyline,

I just did as you suggested and the account is working again. Thanks for the tip.

Thanks to Aaron as well for looking into my suggestion, if there is a way of getting application specific password working as it does with the Andoid App, I think it will be a great security improvement.

Cheers

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:34 am

I checked out the code at http://code.google.com/p/gvcallback/ and replicated it with lots of different permutations to try and get Google application specific password working but had no joy. In fact I couldn't even get the replicated code to successfully login to Google Voice with a normal username and password.

I don't have an Android phone I can test with so I can't the application directly. I looked around for a command line application that I could take a look at but the only one I found, http://code.google.com/p/gvdialer/, didn't work for me either.

If anyone knows of a command line GV dialler that works with application specific passwords please let me know.

kwmike

Post by kwmike » Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:40 pm

I am having the same problem. Last successful call at 9p cst last night.
All calls this am cst not working with fast busy and
" Exception on GoogleVoiceCall. Could not find _rnr_se key on your Google Voice account page, callback cannot proceed."
Tried signing out and back in. No luck. ???

boondoklife

Post by boondoklife » Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:15 pm

I am having the same issue with Google initiated callbacks

Code: Select all

DialPlan 16:01:21:430 sip1(78676): Exception on GoogleVoiceCall. Could not find _rnr_se key on your Google Voice account page, callback cannot proceed.
I tried logging in and out of google voice a couple times and still no joy. I am with in the US so a proxy should not be needed.

Note to Admin:
Posted here too as I was not sure if one was preferred over the other, feel free to delete one or the other if you like
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3771&start=20

ANDREWBUYDA

Post by ANDREWBUYDA » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:05 pm

Hi,

Same here.

Three separate GV accounts do not work with Sipsorcery server.

Andrew.

ozimarco

Post by ozimarco » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:46 pm

Aaron got it working for me yesterday by logging in to my GV account via the SS server. Now it is no longer working.
ISP: Telecube ADSL2+, $79 for 250GB (bundled with phone) on regional Telstra exchange
VSPs: MyNetFone, Telecube, Maxotel, Freshtel and others via SIPSorcery
Hardware: Asus DSL-AC68U + Siemens Gigaset A580IP and Yealink T22P.

synchron

Post by synchron » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:50 pm

Not working for me either regardless of signing into GV account. GV webcallback without sipsorcery works fine though.

Synchron 8)