Devices are not getting registered

Support zone
raamkum

Devices are not getting registered

Post by raamkum » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:48 am

Hi,

My devices are not getting registered since yesterday morning. The website was also down couple of hours. Was it maintenance issue or something.

Is it the same for every one or just me... Can you please take a look on this?

Thanks!

stav

Re: Devices are not getting registered

Post by stav » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:08 am

Same here.
I cannot even access the sipsorcery website. But when I use my VPN I can get into sipsorcery and I can see that there are no bindings registered. Something wrong going on here. Over at dsl forum people say someone is messing around with the DNS but have no,idea how to change that in my router. Any help from more knowledgeable people here is very welcome.

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:18 am

The sipsorcery.com domain was transferred from one registrar to another and unfortunately the new registrar did not allow DNS records to be set up in advance or provide notification of when the transfer would happen.

I was alerted to the DNS move by the sipsorcery monitoring tools and set up the new registrar with the proper records shortly after it occurred. However a lot of people's devices would have tried to access the sipsorcery.com domain within that period and would have had a lookup failure. Different devices and their DNS lookup servers will cache results and failures for up to 48 hours although 1 hour is more normal.

People's devices and access to the web site should just start working automatically within hours. Restarting an ATA or IP Phone may help to speed things up. If that still doesn't help then the server's IP address of 69.59.142.213 can be used in palce of sipsorcery.com.

I'd also recommend following the sipsorcery twitter account https://twitter.com/#!/sipsorcery as in cases like this where everything else goes wrong I can still provide updates through it.

raamkum

Post by raamkum » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:53 am

Thanks for the quick response Aaron and I just added the sipsorcery twitter. I have added Google+ thinking you guys would update it there.

Anyways, one question if I change sipsorcery.com to the IP address you have given - do I need to change it back to sipsorcery.com anytime again?

Let me know!

Thanks!

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:41 am

It is better to use sipsorcery.com instead of 69.59.142.213. This is the only time in 5+ years that sipsorcery.com (mysipswitch before that) has changed DNS host whereas the IP address has changed about half a dozen times due to issues with different windows hosting providers.

stav

Post by stav » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:56 pm

It works fine again when using the 69.59.142.213, but not when using sipsorcery.com.

ozimarco

Post by ozimarco » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:41 pm

I must be one of the lucky ones as I never noticed a thing. Everything is working as normal using sipsorcery.com.
ISP: Telecube ADSL2+, $79 for 250GB (bundled with phone) on regional Telstra exchange
VSPs: MyNetFone, Telecube, Maxotel, Freshtel and others via SIPSorcery
Hardware: Asus DSL-AC68U + Siemens Gigaset A580IP and Yealink T22P.

raamkum

Post by raamkum » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:11 pm

Guess everything back to normal. I am able to register my phone via sipsorcery.com

Thanks!

mel2000

Post by mel2000 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:09 pm

I was able to register again with SipSorcery this morning. Now, neither SipSorcery nor my Localphone VoIP sccount register. Both getting "Bad Gateway" error.

**EDIT: I'm once again able to register.