Incoming Call Not Working From Pennytel

Support zone
Aaron
Site Admin

Re: Incoming Call Not Working From Pennytel

Post by Aaron » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:52 am

That's fair enough, the philosophy behind the sipsorcery service is to provide a useful service where possible but if not then we definitely don't want anybody out of pocket for something they can't use.

Unfortunately with Pennytel I'm afraid it's just not worth the development effort to put in hacks to work around their broken behaviour especially considering how frequent their breaking changes are. One would assume they'll at least try hard to keep things working for standard ATAs since if that goes they'll lose all their customers.

ozimarco

Post by ozimarco » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:02 am

I understand how you feel, Aaron. This latest upgrade of theirs has been a shambles from start to finish (well, it isn't finished yet) and I'm sure they have lost a lot of customers because of it. Maybe they need to employ an Aaron or two to teach them how to do things properly.
ISP: Telecube ADSL2+, $79 for 250GB (bundled with phone) on regional Telstra exchange
VSPs: MyNetFone, Telecube, Maxotel, Freshtel and others via SIPSorcery
Hardware: Asus DSL-AC68U + Siemens Gigaset A580IP and Yealink T22P.

asangak

Post by asangak » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:51 am

I used following workaround using sipbroker. It does work for me. I think caller id is not working and its not important for me.

I changed "Register contact"

From

sip: asanga_xx@sipsorcery com

to
sip:*9524asanga_xx@sipbroker com

Hope it will work for you.
Best Regards.
Asanga Kumarapathirana

rod178

Post by rod178 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:18 am

I contacted Pennytel regarding PT now being unable to accept incoming calls thru SS.

They responded that they no longer support SS.

ozimarco

Post by ozimarco » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:34 am

Despite Pennytel previously stating that they were no longer going to support SIPSorcery, they have reconsidered. I am happy to report that incoming calls from Pennytel via Sipsorcery have been working well for us for some weeks. Give it a try and, if it is not working, contact anthony@pennytel.com for assistance. I was told to use the 202.85.243.105 PT server but, before I could use that, Pennytel had to do something at their end to allow me to use that server successfully. Anyway, I'm glad that Pennytel listened to their customers and fixed this annoying issue.
ISP: Telecube ADSL2+, $79 for 250GB (bundled with phone) on regional Telstra exchange
VSPs: MyNetFone, Telecube, Maxotel, Freshtel and others via SIPSorcery
Hardware: Asus DSL-AC68U + Siemens Gigaset A580IP and Yealink T22P.

Sharky

Post by Sharky » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:13 am

Thanks for the update ozimarco.

Just headed back to Canada from Aus and reconfiguring all my voip accounts. I have had my pennytel number forwarded to another Australian number so haven't had to worry about it when I was down there this year. But it with be useful now.

Funny enough I only looked up my old thread because I am now having what seems to be an identical problem with freephoneline.ca ie shows registered but going straight to voicemail, and it works fine when registered directly to other devices.

So hopefully this will work for me and get my pennytel line back working. Unfortunately I am down my freefoneline.ca number that I hook up in aus for my wife, so I can phone "local" to her.

Well better get back to searching for an answer but might just have to start a new post and get Aaron to look into it if I can't find any thing

Thanks again.

Cheers
Sharky

Flip

Post by Flip » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:28 am

What is the 9524? Is that your VSP's group number? No matter what I put in the register contact, nothing changes...

I am also having issues with calls going straight through to Voicemail. I don't have the issue when directly registering on the device with the VSP. Frustrating. Cisco SPA232D also doesn't appear to be perfect, but with Firewall enabled/disabled, problem still occurs

Can people share their solutions? i.e. whether NAT or NAT Mapping enabled, specific firewall rules or port ranges set on firewall, etcetera.... Should be able to have 4 devices working, not just 1, behind a $290 router! Asus RT-AC66
asangak wrote:I used the following workaround using sipbroker. It does work for me. I think caller id is not working and its not important for me.

I changed "Register contact" from
sip: asanga@sipsorcery com
To
sip:*9524asanga@sipbroker com
ISP: Southern Phone ADSL2+ $55 Bundle. 22.4/1.2Mbps, GB Bundle [Telstra].
VSP: SIPTalk¹, Symbio² & MyNetFone³ via SIPSorcery Cloud PBX. [Warning! Avoid DIDLogic!!! Beware!!]
H/W: Asus RT-AC86U; Cisco SPA232D, 2 x SPA901's, SPA3102; Yealink SIP-T46G.

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:17 am

Have you experimented with each device registering with a different port on the sipsorcery server (see http://wiki.sipsorcery.com/mw/index.php ... erver_Port)?

If your NAT is struggling then having only a single connection to a public side socket will make its life easier.