Provisioning Web Service - Extra SIP Accounts and Extensions

Support zone
Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:26 am

Hi aibrado,

I placed a call from FWD to one of your extensions and it got through to the sipswitch correctly. It looks like you have set up a dialplan rule forwarding it to aibrado@sip.<your domain>.org but that SIP account does not exist hence the 404.

Regards,

Aaron

aibrado

Post by aibrado » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:59 am

Hi Aaron,

I got it... I created aibrado as a SIP account in my domain and got incoming calls to my domain's extension. I guess that's a rule on your side, as I definitely didn't have aibrado@sip.<my domain>.org in my dial plan. Like I said, incoming calls didn't even reach the monitor, not even to say "call from ... to... " in the log.

Anyway, all's well now. :-) Thanks!

rmclaren

Post by rmclaren » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:09 pm

Three months later and just getting around to setting up my subaccounts!

Using the "Invoke" button, the AddSIPAccount operation works fine. I have created half-dozen subaccounts. The GetSIPAccounts operation also works; it lists all the accounts.

The AllocateExtension operation only worked for the main account, which now has an 8 digit extension. However, the operation fails [HTTP 500 Internal Server Error] for the subaccounts.

Also tried logging in with the subaccount usernames and passwords, but keep getting an error.

Am I doing something wrong or is there a bug in this operation?

rmclaren

Response?

Post by rmclaren » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:35 am

Apologies for the reminder. Would you be able to respond to this? I tried again this weekend with the same unsuccessful result. I need to get the subaccounts working for my more advanced MySIPSwitch applications.

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:23 pm

It's been noted but we've not had time to look at it yet.

As soon as there is any update it will be posted.

Regards,

Aaron

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:51 pm

Hi rmclaren,

Actually I just had a re-read of your original post and I believe that's in line with the original design.

All SIP account and extensions allocated have an owner which is your main account username and is the one you login to the web site with. All SIP accounts and extensions you own use the same dial plan. You allocate an extension with your owner account and then if you want to forward to one of your sub SIP accounts you need to so in your dial plan.

For example if you allocate 12345678 as an extension in your dialplan you could use:

Code: Select all

if req.URI.User == "12345678" then
  sys.Dial("mysubaccount@local")
end
Regards,

Aaron

rmclaren

Post by rmclaren » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:57 pm

Now I understand!

I figured that each subaccount would have a fixed extension (with the main account as a "namespace", as it were). I see now that you reserve extensions under the main account and assign them in the dial plan - much more flexible. With eight digits, the chance of a collision is low.

I am using the last seven digits of the cell phone/home phone of each member of my group, prepended with 1 to make eight digits. This makes the extension easy to remember.

IanGrant

Post by IanGrant » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:50 pm

I'm a bit confused about custom domains and subaccounts, I have added a custom domain, and a subaccount within it. My device registers fine using this account and can make outgoing calls fine, however, I am having some trouble with incoming calls.

Methods like sys.GetBindings() and sys.IsAvailable don't work (no bindings returned and is available is false), and sys.Dial("local") doesn't work (I think it thinks there are no devices online).

I have got devices to ring with sys.Dial("subaccount@customdomain"), but I thought local should work?

Also, how do I track events via telnet with a custom domain? 'event full' defaults to a regex that includes my MSS username, and the subaccounts/custom domains don't match it.

IanGrant

Post by IanGrant » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:05 am

No-one got any clues on this?

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:48 am

Hi IanGrant,

THat is a limitation of the system at the moment. The ability to add extra SIP accounts and domains was not part of the original mysipswitch design and has only been added on fairly recently. The ability to manage the extra SIP accounts and domains has not caught up yet.

Regards,

Aaron