Provisioning Web Service - Extra SIP Accounts and Extensions

Support zone
IanGrant

Post by IanGrant » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:12 am

Okay, thanks, so I am doing it 'correctly' at the moment by ringing 'subaccount@customdomain' in place of 'local'? (And also commented out the IsAvailable and GetBindings methods).

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:26 am

Yes that's correct. The IsAvailable and Bindings methods are only relevant for your primxy mss account at the moment.

Regards,

Aaron

teddy_b

Post by teddy_b » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:33 pm

Is there any form of sys.Dial("local") call, or any other way to ring all subaccounts registered with MSS, and not only clients registered with one subaccount or main account username?

What I'm trying to do is:
(1) by default forward all incoming calls to all registered clients;
(2) be able to route certain calls to one subaccount only.

If all my clients are registered with the same username, I can do (1) but not (2). And if different clients are using different subaccounts I can't find a way to do (1) :? ...

Thanks!

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:10 pm

Hi teddy_b,

No there's no way to do point 1 at the moment but you are right it would be useful.

Regards,

Aaron

IanGrant

Post by IanGrant » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:02 pm

How do I answer or route calls coming in on extensions?
I have st up sub-domains, accounts and extensions, but when I ring an extension, it returns 404 Not Found. In the monitoring log, is a message:

Code: Select all

Incoming call on extension for iangrant to sip:xxxxxx@sub-domain from yyyyy@voxalot.com.
But that's all I see, I can't 'process' it in my dial plan.

shkaff

Post by shkaff » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:41 pm

please extend the methods in order to return m_authId, or implement a simple new one

at the moment the only way to obtain it is to perform web login and scan the resulted html for m_authId

i am ready to argue

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:02 pm

The only place you should be attempting to use web services with mss is at the link below. There are no authid's required there.

http://www.mysipswitch.com/provisioning.asmx

shkaff

Post by shkaff » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:24 pm

i agree that exactly this WSDL doesn't require authid

meanwhile there is already in place the AJAX infrastructure, you know, which is also ready to use and is activelly used

so such the functionality like list providers, add/update provider etc might be also explicetly allowed to use via web services...

i guess you mind it, don't you?

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:56 pm

shkaff wrote:i agree that exactly this WSDL doesn't require authid

meanwhile there is already in place the AJAX infrastructure, you know, which is also ready to use and is activelly used

so such the functionality like list providers, add/update provider etc might be also explicetly allowed to use via web services...

i guess you mind it, don't you?
No I don't mind at all the services are there to use. The consideration is the time and priority of doing the work to convert those web services to using a username/password of putting together a new web service to give you an authid. We've never had a request or need to expose those web services in any other form up until now.

If you asked Guillaume nicely he might have time to come up with the authid web service.

Regards,

Aaron

shkaff

Post by shkaff » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:34 am

Hi Aaron

Should I just send a private message to the user Guillaume, or the best way is to start a new thread and ask Guillaume there? It is only required to implement a tiny method like "authenticate" with "usr/pwd" as input parameters and "authid" as output one.