Provisioning Web Service - Extra SIP Accounts and Extensions

Support zone
Aaron
Site Admin

Provisioning Web Service - Extra SIP Accounts and Extensions

Post by Aaron » Sun May 11, 2008 10:26 am

Hi All,

The ability to add extra SIP accounts and extensions to mysipswitch accounts is now possible. At this point there is no user interface as such and the operations are available by a rudimentary web serivce interface only. A user interface is being worked on but it will take a lot longer to see the light of day whereas adding the functionality to the mysipswitch SIP Server was a relatively quick operation.

The provisioning web services can be accessed using a browser at:

https://www.mysipswitch.com/provisioning.asmx

The usage of each web service is described below.

- bool IsAlive Test web service useful for testing when programmatic integration is required.

- string Echo(string message) Test web service useful for testing when programmatic integration is required. Echoes back the string value passed to it.

- SIPAccount[] GetSIPAccounts(string username, string password) Returns a list of all SIP accounts belonging to username. The username and password passed to this method are used to authenticate the web service call and must correspond to a valid mysipswitch account.

- AddSIPAccount(string username, string password, string sipDomain, string sipUsername, string sipPassword) Attempts to add a new SIP account. The username and password passed to this method are used to authenticate the web service call and must correspond to a valid mysipswitch account.
- sipDomain is the domain the new SIP account will belong to. Unless you have had a domain added this value should always be sip.mysipswitch.com.
- sipUsername is the name of the new SIP account to add.
- sipPassword is the password for the new SIP account to add.

- DeleteSIPAccount(string username, string password, string sipDomain, string sipUsername) Deletes an existing SIP account. The username and password passed to this method are used to authenticate the web service call and must correspond to a valid mysipswitch account. The call will fail if you are not the owner of the SIP account.
- sipDomain is the domain of the existing account and unless you have a custom domain should be sip.mysipswitch.com.
- sipUsername is the username of the SIP account to delete.

- string[] GetExtensions(string username, string password) Returns a list of all extensions belonging to username. The username and password passed to this method are used to authenticate the web service call and must correspond to a valid mysipswitch account.

- AllocateExtension(string username, string password, string extension, string domain) Attempts to add a new extension. The username and password passed to this method are used to authenticate the web service call and must correspond to a valid mysipswitch account. Once added the extension can be called on sip:<extension>@<domain> and received calls will be processed by your dial plan.
- extension is the 8 digit number of the new extension to allocate to your account.
- domain is the domain the new extension will belong to. Unless you have had a domain added this value should always be sip.mysipswitch.com.

- DeallocateExtension(string username, string password, string extension, string domain) Deletes an existing extension. The username and password passed to this method are used to authenticate the web service call and must correspond to a valid mysipswitch account. The extension removal will fail if you are not the owner.
- extension is the 8 digit number of the existing extension.
- domain is the domain the existing extension belongs to.

The remaining methods are to do with adding and removing domains that will be handled by mysipswitch and can be called by administrators only. Currently the only domain handled is sip.mysipswitch.com. If you would like to try out mysipswitch with your own domain so that you can create SIP and register SIP accounts at username@sip.yourdomain.com and process incoming calls to sip.yourdomain.com then please PM either myself or Guillaume who will verify domain ownership and then add it for you.

Regards,

Aaron

rmclaren

Post by rmclaren » Sat May 17, 2008 6:49 pm

When I access the provisioning URL:

https://www.mysipswitch.com/provisioning.asmx

the links that retrieve data, e.g. GetSIPAccounts, work, i.e. they return XML to the browser, but the links that update the database, e.g. AddSIPAccount, return a "HTTP 500 Server error".

Am I doing something wrong or is the service not fully implemented?

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Sun May 18, 2008 12:12 am

Hi rmclaren,

There was a problem with the authorisation that I've fixed now. Your should be able to create SIP accounts now.

Regards,

Aaron

sudeepdennis

Not able to make outgoing from the additional SIP account

Post by sudeepdennis » Mon May 19, 2008 4:08 pm

I created a new SIP account (account1) within my mysipswitch account (mainaccount) using the provisioning page. I have X-lite registered using account1 to mysipswitch. I am able to recieve calls if I forward them to account1@local. However, I am not able to make outgoing calls from the X-lite with account1. It says "Call failed: No user account1".

In the same x-lite, if i just change the username and password corresponding to "mainaccount" everything works just fine.

Could you help?

rmclaren

Post by rmclaren » Sat May 31, 2008 12:45 pm

Did Sudeep's problem just go away? I'd like to know before setting up multiple sub-accounts. Any response?

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Sat May 31, 2008 1:38 pm

I missed the post on this one. I'll have to check the problem out.

sudeepdennis

Post by sudeepdennis » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:25 am

My problem with making outgoing calls from sub-account is still there. Eagerly waiting for things to be corrected.

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:54 pm

sudeepdennis wrote:My problem with making outgoing calls from sub-account is still there. Eagerly waiting for things to be corrected.
It's fixed now.

Regards,

Aaron

sudeepdennis

Post by sudeepdennis » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:53 pm

Works superbly.
Thanks Aaron.

aibrado

No incoming from external net for custom domain extensions

Post by aibrado » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:44 pm

If I add an extension under my custom domain, other networks like FWD are unable to reach it ("404 NotFound") -- the incoming call doesn't even show up in the monitor. Extensions created under sip.mysipswitch.com do work, however.

Kindly check. Thanks! :-)