Provisioning Web Service - Extra SIP Accounts and Extensions

Support zone
Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:24 am

Hi shkaff,

We have been working on it.

There is a method available for you now.

https://www.mysipswitch.com/sipswitchse ... =GetAuthId

Regards,

Aaron

venk25

What exactly are extra SIP Accounts and Extensions

Post by venk25 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:16 am

Sorry for the dumb question - but what are SIP accounts and Extensions really? As far as I could tell, they are created under one primary account and supposed to use the same dial plan as the primary account. But beyond that, I couldn't figure out

- what are their purpose or what are they used for?
- what is the difference between them (or similarities)
- how are they used? (I did see this thread that talks about extensions. This should be stickyed?)

Apologize if I missed threads that explained these - if someone could point me to them, would appreciate it.

Having said all these, I did create an extra account under my primary account. While my X-Lite registers fine with the new account's credentials, when I try to make a call, I get a "404 Not found". Incoming calls to my primary mss account didn't ring my X-Lite.

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:52 pm

Extensions are for receiving calls only whereas SIP accounts are used for amking and receiving calls. In actual fact the next version removes the concept of extensions and simply has SIP accounts that are incoming only.

Regards,

Aaron

venk25

Post by venk25 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:37 pm

Thanks Aaron.

Can you help me with making and receiving calls with my extra SIP Account ?

venk25

Post by venk25 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:42 pm

Hi,

Can someone please help me with extra SIP accounts? Like I had mentioned earlier, I created an extra SIP account under my primary account and my X-Lite registers fine with the new account's credentials. When I try to make a call, I get a "404 Not found". Incoming calls to my primary mss account don't ring my X-Lite. With extra SIP account, am I not supposed to be able to make calls and receive incoming calls to my primary account, all as per my primary dialplan ?

Thanks.

shkaff

Post by shkaff » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:46 pm

I just migrated to (created a new account at) sipsorcery.com and realized that all these stuff seem to be unavailable there.

Am I right that services like AddOrUpdateSIPProvider and GetAuthId are not available at sipsorcery.com?

MikeTelis

Post by MikeTelis » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:42 am

With SS, it's a bit different (and better!). There was 1-to-1 relationship between your login name to MSS and your SIP account: if your login name is shkaff, your SIP account was shkaff@sip.mysipswitch.com.

With SS, you can have many SIP accounts. Say, your login name is shkaff (btw, this will be the name returned by sys.Username) and you can have several SIP accounts with arbitrary names (provided these names haven't been taken by someone else). Each SIP account is associated with "In" and "Out" dialplans. If there's no "Out" dialplan for an account, you can use it for incoming calls only. That's how you get an extension.

shkaff

Post by shkaff » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:26 am

Thanks, MikeTelis, but my question actually was about possibility to manage my account remotely via web service invocation

For example, I managed to setup my home linux based router to login MSSand change some settings every night for example. Without my involvement!

So if I migrate to sipsorcery.com, I would like to keep my advanced infrastructure working

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:44 am

An updated web service interface is available for sipsorcery http://sipsorcery.wordpress.com/2009/09 ... g-service/.

Regards,

Aaron

shkaff

Post by shkaff » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:34 am

Hi Aaron

You mean https://www.sipsorcery.com/provisioning.svc?wsdl , don't you?

It seems to be a purely SOAP interface, and it isn't supposed to be invoked via regular HTTP GET or POST, as it was possible with https://www.mysipswitch.com/sipswitchservices.asmx .

Do we still have a back door to use provisioning services without SOAP ?
Or I have to start searching for SOAP libraries for my linux based weak router?