Changes to WhitePages API = changes to dialplan?

Support zone
jmyshral

Changes to WhitePages API = changes to dialplan?

Post by jmyshral » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:12 pm

I think many of us use the dialplan templates that utilize the WhitePages API. I was wondering anybody has looked into the implications of the upcoming changes to the WhitePages API? I assume we have to edit the dialplans - has anybody tested this? Can we still get the name info for free from WhitePages or another source?

Thanks,
jmyshral

Sent: Thursday, December 05, 2013 11:00 AM
Subject: Changes to WhitePages API 1.0 from Mashery - Deprecated on January 16, 2014

I’d like to thank you for using WhitePages API 1.0 from Mashery. With the recent launch of our newest API 2.0 for WhitePages PRO, we are letting you know that as of January 16, 2014 we will be shutting down the current 1.0 API. I encourage you to transition to the new API.
Our new API now identifies millions more addresses and people that correspond with mobile phone numbers – providing increased intelligence about a person’s location information beyond what was available previously, helping businesses to better validate customers’ identities. If you'd like additional query volume please feel free to reach out to me or pro-sales@whitepages.com.

Sincerely,

Bruce