IINET not registering as of Feb 3rd

Support zone
Sharky

IINET not registering as of Feb 3rd

Post by Sharky » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:01 am

Has anyone else had trouble with there iinet account and sipsorcery lately? Mine hasn't registered since February 3rd. I can register fine on other devices but not with sipsorcery. I've tried numerical ip addresses for the servers and register contact. and no avail. I have phoned up iinet and everything seemed fine with my account and on there side. I cant think of anything else to try, its giving me a timed out error in the registry field.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Sharky

Aaron
Site Admin

Re: IINET not registering as of Feb 3rd

Post by Aaron » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:59 am

There are a few tests you can carry out to see if there is a network issue.

1. At a command prompt type: ping sipsorcery.com
The resuting IP address should be 67.222.131.147.

2. At a command prompt type: telnet sipsorcery.com 5060
If you get a connection, which on Windows is indicated by the screen going completely blank, then it means your network connection to the sipsorcery server is Ok.

Sharky

Post by Sharky » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:11 pm

Thanks Aaron,

Everything seems to work fine between me and sipsorcery. Other accounts are registering fine, just seems like something funny between iinet and sipsorcery. To clarify my account is registering fine with you, but out of all my sip providers iinet is the only one falling and coming back with a timed out error. I was thinking that iinet must have changed something but they didn't acknowledge anything. And when I could register with them on another device ie native sip on android, they figured it want their problem.

Sharky

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:59 am

Can you PM me your sipsorcery username and I'll see if I can register your iinet account.

jhoddinott

Post by jhoddinott » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:26 am

Hi,

Did you ever get a solution for your registering your iinet SIP account with sipsorcery? I have an iinet account and a UK based voipfone account coming into sipsorcery. The viopfone account registers fine, but nothing I do gets the iinet one to work reliably. Over the past 4 years there have been some periods where it seems to work, but most of the time it fails to register, saying 'Registration to udp:203.59.49.10:5060 timed out'. I'd estimate that it's been working for less than 4 months in 4 years.

I can register the iinet sip service from a VOIP app on my iphone and receive calls, so there seems to be no fundamental problem at the iinet end. I've tried using the sipsorcery ip address for the registration address as suggested elsewhere on the forums without success, but as the time out is from the initial UDP request that would seem not to be the issue.

I am all out of ideas. Amy thoughts?

Flip

Post by Flip » Thu May 26, 2016 12:50 pm

I had a similar issue.

Try
1. SoftPhone - register with primary SIPSorcery account you normally do.
2. Create a sub-account, in the first tab and test again via SoftPhone and ATA.
3. Try using both the DNS (sip.sipsorcery.com + sipsorcery.com) and the IP address (67.222.131.147) for registration on your device.
4. Backup config on ATA - save as "ATA backup 2016.05.xx.cfg"
5. Wipe settings and reboot.
6. Restore from old backup and reboot.

If that doesn't work:
7. Wipe settings and reboot again.
8. Perform basic configuration of device and just configure the SIP account.

I had a similar issue where I could not get SIPSorcery to register on the ATA. Annoyed the crap out of me. I was sure it was SIP Sorcery however it ended up being network issue. However even after factory defaults I still couldn't connect. I ended up updating firmware and that seemed to wipe whatever the issue was. WEIRD!
ISP: Southern Phone ADSL2+ $55 Bundle. 22.4/1.2Mbps, GB Bundle [Telstra].
VSP: SIPTalk¹, Symbio² & MyNetFone³ via SIPSorcery Cloud PBX. [Warning! Avoid DIDLogic!!! Beware!!]
H/W: Asus RT-AC86U; Cisco SPA232D, 2 x SPA901's, SPA3102; Yealink SIP-T46G.