Issue with outbound Provider

Support zone
Baguk

Issue with outbound Provider

Post by Baguk » Mon May 05, 2014 4:30 pm

Dear Aaron, dear All,

I have an issue with my recent provider. The provider has relatively simple setup, which works properly with Bria and other soft-phones

Username, Password - as usual
SIP Server - sip.mtel.bg
Proxy - register.mtel.bg

This provider is successfully registered in my profile and I'm able to receive incoming calls over it. However, I'm not able to perform outgoing calls through this provider, as it ends up with 403 from the provider. There is no issue with Bria with outgoing calls.

I tried different options and combinations - unfortunately without any success for outgoing calls. For test purposes I tried this account over PBXes. There is no any issue with it, everything works with PBXes perfectly. Unfortunately PBXes can not be consumed with sipsorcery, so it's also not an option to use pbxes as kind of "proxying" solution.

As I tried with bria and other softphones, it seems that the provider compares registration with outgoing socket.

Do you have any ideas why this doesn't work with sipsorcery? I'm glad to provide any additional information like logs, etc (you can see the provider in my providers list too). It also works properly with locally installed asterisk, but it make the whole concept with sipsorcery as virtual pbx obsolete, so I'm looking forward to any ideas or hints to get it work with sipsorcery.

Thanks a lot in advance for your support.

Flip

Outbound VSP VoIP Provider Issue (Outbound Proxy, SIP Server, Realm, Auth User Name, OB Proxy / OOB Proxy)

Post by Flip » Mon May 30, 2016 7:08 pm

Sorry no one responded.

If your VSP requires an 'Outbound Proxy', try putting your SIP Server in the "REALM" field, and the Outbound Proxy server into the "SERVER" field.
If your VSP does no require you to use an 'Outbound Proxy', then you leave the REALM field empty and simply put the SIP Server into the SERVER field.

Unfortunately, none of this is covered in the Help Pages for configuring a SIP Provider. It only mentions the Outbound Proxy and not the field it needs to go in depending on the configuration... https://www.sipsorcery.com/mainsite/Help & https://www.sipsorcery.com/mainsite/Help/SIPProviders

Configuration should be officially documented for VSPs who have *different* SIP Servers and Outbound Proxy's. PLUS, if an AUTH User Name is required, etc. Again, not all VSPs use the same server or details for both fields.

e.g. One of my business-grade VPSs uses a DNS for the SIP Server and an IP Address for the Outbound Proxy! If you try and use the SIP Server's IP address, authentication fails! So an important part of SIP Provider configuration!
ISP: Southern Phone ADSL2+ $55 Bundle. 22.4/1.2Mbps, GB Bundle [Telstra].
VSP: SIPTalk¹, Symbio² & MyNetFone³ via SIPSorcery Cloud PBX. [Warning! Avoid DIDLogic!!! Beware!!]
H/W: Asus RT-AC86U; Cisco SPA232D, 2 x SPA901's, SPA3102; Yealink SIP-T46G.

Flip

Outbound VSP VoIP Provider Issue (Outbound Proxy, SIP Server, Realm, Auth User Name, OB Proxy / OOB Proxy)

Post by Flip » Mon May 30, 2016 7:20 pm

So, try:
SERVER: register.mtel.bg (Outbound Proxy)
REALM: sip.mtel.bg (SIP Server Proxy)

Good luck!
Baguk wrote: SIP Server - sip.mtel.bg
Proxy - register.mtel.bg
ISP: Southern Phone ADSL2+ $55 Bundle. 22.4/1.2Mbps, GB Bundle [Telstra].
VSP: SIPTalk¹, Symbio² & MyNetFone³ via SIPSorcery Cloud PBX. [Warning! Avoid DIDLogic!!! Beware!!]
H/W: Asus RT-AC86U; Cisco SPA232D, 2 x SPA901's, SPA3102; Yealink SIP-T46G.