Incoming not working

Support zone
mrjoe

Incoming not working

Post by mrjoe » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:01 pm

I have an SIP Provider setup and registered with a sipsorcery register contact

It is showing as registered but calls do not ring on the sip binding.

Incoming calls are not showing on the Console or the CDR however it is showing on the console that it is registered correctly.

This particular provider only provides 1 sip account for incoming calls so I'm trying to use sip sorcery to give me multiple incoming...

thank you in advance for the help

Aaron
Site Admin

Re: Incoming not working

Post by Aaron » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:48 am

Try using the sipsorcery server's IP address of 67.222.131.147 in the Register Contact in place of sipsorcery.com. Some providers only work with an IP address in registration bindings.

mrjoe

Post by mrjoe » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:35 am

Thank you Aaron for your suggestion.

It doesn't seem to have changed anything.

Direct calls to the sip account work but incoming calls to the provider don't trigger anything.

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:34 am

If you PM me your sipsorcery username, the name of the provider you are having the issue with and a number I can call that is directed to that provider and onto sipsorcery I'll take a look.

mrjoe

Post by mrjoe » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:27 am

Done, thank you so much.

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:00 am

I tried the usual tricks of switching the contact address to use the same username as your provider and trying different transports but I did not get a single SIP request to the sipsorcery server from the provider except those for the registration.

If you are able to get a softphone such as xlite set up to receive incoming calls then generally I'll be able to work out the settings needed for sipsorcery to work except if the reason is due to some IP address or geographic block although in this case that seems unlikely since REGISTER requests work.

mrjoe

Post by mrjoe » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:22 am

Aaron - I really appreciate your efforts, thank you.

I'm using MicroSIP (microsip.org) on my computer and it works great.

Does that help or should I try it with xlite?

mrjoe

Post by mrjoe » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:27 am

Meanwhile, I'll keep the account offline as it can only receive 1 call at a time.

If it is registered between 2 devices it will decide on its own who to go with... :)

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:57 am

The microsip site hasn't loaded for me in the last 24 hours so perhaps if you could try with the xten and let me know how you go.

I read through the acrobits support ticket you sent me and it doesn't sound promising. At least with acrobits they were getting the incoming INVITE request in sipsorcery's case we're not even getting that. If/when we do it then sounds like there are more problems. However I'm happy to keep testing any possible options so if you are able to receive a call with the xten that will give me something to work off.

mrjoe

Post by mrjoe » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:32 pm

Thank you again Aaron, I appreciate your willingness to continue to attempt to get this to work.

I tried Xlite but it doesn't support TLS.

I'm sending you a Dropbox link to MicroSIP.exe via PM.

Have a nice weekend!