Inbound Not ringing

Support zone
zargnut

Inbound Not ringing

Post by zargnut » Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:12 pm

HI,

I was able to get outbound to work by using this string in the dialing plan

sys.Dial("PhonePower") where PhonePower is the same of the service provider I entered in the SipSorcery setup

I removed all dialing plans from the inbound and I don't receive any inbound calls. It just forwards to my secondary number.

How can I configure inbound calls to ring through to my SIP client?

DoDo

Re: Inbound Not ringing

Post by DoDo » Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:56 am

Try this Dial Plan. Name it Out. ( Don't forget to name it PhonePower in Sip Provider )

Code: Select all

sys.Log("New outgoing call received to #{req.URI.User}.")

case req.URI.User

when /^[01]?([2-9]\d{9})/ then sys.Dial("PhonePower") # Example 10 # Call (123-456-7890)
  when /^02/ then sys.Dial("12223456789@PhonePower")      # Dial 02 to Call to somebody
  when /^03/ then sys.Dial("13334567890@PhonePower")      # '  ' 03 Another Call
  when /^04/ then sys.Dial("3333@sip2sip.info")           # Test Call
  when /^05/ then sys.Dial("test@conference.sip2sip.info") # Test Conference
  when /^06/ then sys.Dial("4444@sip2sip.info")            # Test Microphone
  when /^07/ then sys.Dial("904@mouselike.org")           # Sound Test
  when /^08/ then sys.Dial("music@iptel.org")             # Sound Music Test

else sys.Dial(480, "OoPs NoOne is Available")

end

In your Sip Account DO it this way. Set Out as your Out Dial Plan leave in blank In Dial Plan. Here is a ScreenShot Example.

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:04 am

zargnut wrote:I removed all dialing plans from the inbound and I don't receive any inbound calls. It just forwards to my secondary number.

How can I configure inbound calls to ring through to my SIP client?
If the SIP account has no setting for the "Incoming Dial Plan" (which is the default) then all incoming calls are automatcailly forwarded to your default SIP account.

The main thing to get right is that the "Register Contact" on your sipsorcery SIP provider matches your username. For example in your case the "Register Contact" should be sip:zargnut@sipsorcery.com.

zargnut

Post by zargnut » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:39 pm

Thank you. I was able to dial out and receive incoming. The register contact WAS the source of the problem.

Here is another issue. I am only using a soft phone and when my computers are asleep, the SIP account bindings lapse. When an incoming call comes in, It does not follow the VOIP forwarding rules from PhonePower and route to my cell.

Is there a way I can use incoming dialing plans to send a message back to the SIP provider that either the phone is dialing and in that case, will roll over to my cell.. or that the client is busy and will likewise roll over to my cell?

thanks
dan

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:44 pm

zargnut wrote: Is there a way I can use incoming dialing plans to send a message back to the SIP provider that either the phone is dialing and in that case, will roll over to my cell.. or that the client is busy and will likewise roll over to my cell?
Yes there is.

The steps are:

1. Create a new dialplan and call it "defaultin" or something else that identifies it to you as an incoming dialplan,

2. For the dialplan contents you can add something as simple as the example below (replace the values as required). The second dial command will only be called if the first one fails.

sys.Dial("zargnut@sipsorcery.com")
sys.Dial("1234567@phonepower")
3. On your SIP account set the "Incoming DialPlan" to this new dialplan.

zargnut

Post by zargnut » Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:32 pm

I had put in this

sys.Dial("zargnut@local", 10)   #for incoming calls
sys.Respond(404, "No forwards answered")
This seems to work... any issues with this approach?

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:39 am

If your softphone is online you'll only have 10s to answer it but apart from that I don't see any problems.

zargnut

Post by zargnut » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:16 pm

perfect, thanks.

d