SIP proxy

Support zone
tybsip

SIP proxy

Post by tybsip » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:34 pm

Hello,

Is it possible to execute a ruby script when there is an incoming call from a SIP provider registered under "SIP Providers". There isn't an option to associate a ruby script with it and incoming calls do not get through. It is only possible to associate a ruby script in the "SIP accounts" section.

My ultimate goal is the following:
I have a third party SIP provider and I would like to connect a Windows Phone app to it. But Windows Phone cannot permanently listen to a UDP channel. So it is necessary for the app server to POST a small xml document to a Microsoft server to wake up the app whenever there is an incoming call.

Basically what I need is a SIP proxy that waits for incoming calls on behalf of the phone and forward that call to the app and at the same time POST a push notification to the phone to wake up the app.

Thanks!

Aaron
Site Admin

Re: SIP proxy

Post by Aaron » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:44 am

Yes it's possible.

To connect a dialplan to a SIP Provider follow the steps below:

1. Create the dialplan,
2. Look at the Register Contact field on your SIP Provider and note the SIP Account name,
3. In the SIP Accounts section assign the dialplan from step 1 to the SIP Account from step 2.

Now when an incoming calls comes into that SIP account the dialplan will be used.