Register expiry

Support zone
mobilebone

Register expiry

Post by mobilebone » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:08 pm

Good day folks.

Don't mean to take over the tech support forum, but I'm unable to call my GV number from time to time. I figured out, that if I unregister the "callcentric" provider and than register it again, everything starts working again.
The register expiry is set to 3600 on my PAP2T and it was also 3600 for the provider setting in sipsorcery, but I set it to 2000 in sipsorcery, just to see if it makes a difference. I know sometimes the server has a default setting.

If anyone could give me some tips, I would greatly appreciate that.

Aaron
Site Admin

Re: Register expiry

Post by Aaron » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:50 am

It would be strange if reducing the registration expiry on your callcentric provider made any difference. The sipsorcery server is on a public IP address and there is no NAT involved so there is nothing that will prevent request from callcentric getting through to sipsorcery for the whole 3600s.

However the expiry interval for your PAP2 could be causing a problem. Generally I'd recommend setting the expiry timeout to between 180 and 300s to cope with any NATs in between it and the sipsorcery server. You need to change that setting on your PAP2. With it set at 3600 it's likely that your NAT will block incoming requests after a certain period of inactivity and your incomign GV calls won't start working again until the PAP2 re-registers.

mobilebone

Post by mobilebone » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:17 pm

Aaron wrote:It would be strange if reducing the registration expiry on your callcentric provider made any difference. The sipsorcery server is on a public IP address and there is no NAT involved so there is nothing that will prevent request from callcentric getting through to sipsorcery for the whole 3600s.

However the expiry interval for your PAP2 could be causing a problem. Generally I'd recommend setting the expiry timeout to between 180 and 300s to cope with any NATs in between it and the sipsorcery server. You need to change that setting on your PAP2. With it set at 3600 it's likely that your NAT will block incoming requests after a certain period of inactivity and your incomign GV calls won't start working again until the PAP2 re-registers.
Thanx Aaron

I changed the PAP2T to 300s. However, after a while, calls to DID went to voicemail. I logged in to sipsorcery, messed with the registry expiry for provider "callcentric" and the service is back. Now what? :D

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:00 am

Have you got any other devices registering with your callcentric account?

Maybe another device is overwriting the sipsorcery contact which would explain why it then starts working again when you change the settings at the sipsorcery end and force it to re-register.

mobilebone

Post by mobilebone » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:56 pm

Aaron wrote:Have you got any other devices registering with your callcentric account?

Maybe another device is overwriting the sipsorcery contact which would explain why it then starts working again when you change the settings at the sipsorcery end and force it to re-register.

No other device is logging into sipsorcery.

DoDo

Post by DoDo » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:46 pm

Looks like you are using the Advanced Settings in Sip Provider (SipSorcery).
Just try it Not using the advanced settings and see if the problem is Solved.

mobilebone

Post by mobilebone » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:56 pm

DoDo wrote:Looks like you are using the Advanced Settings in Sip Provider (SipSorcery).
Just try it Not using the advanced settings and see if the problem is Solved.

It is 3600 by default. No way to get rid of it.

DoDo

Post by DoDo » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:39 pm

Don't use Realm,Auth Username...etc. In Advanced Settings. And if you did, Just delete The Sip Provider And Create it Again Without Using Advanced Settings.