problem with MyNetFone

Support zone
mewnz

problem with MyNetFone

Post by mewnz » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:37 am

Hi this may be a noob question.

I've wanted to use SS to redirect a DID from MyNetFone (MNF) to another provider.

The registration seems to work and as far as I can tell, I've set up the contact register info correctly.

however incoming calls are not being redirected to the specified destination.

Have monitored the console and nothing seems to happen on an incoming call.

Aaron
Site Admin

Re: problem with MyNetFone

Post by Aaron » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:36 am

Have you put a user@sipsorcery.com address in for your MNF register contact? If not then nothing will show up in your console messages since the incoming call should go directly to wherever the register contact points.

If you are suing a user@sipsorcery.com address change it to your_login_username@sipsorcery.com and see if anything appears in your console for an incoming trace (it's a limitation of the console that it will only show trace messages for SIP accounts that match your login username).

mewnz

Post by mewnz » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:43 am

Thanks for your response Aaron. I had been trying to redirect to a 3rd party using a registry contact . (which the forum wont let me include in this post because it's to spammy)

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:27 am

Some providers won't accept arbitrary SIP addresses when registering. Some will only accept IP addresses and not hostnames. Some will only accept SIP addresses that were created during a full moon by a magic elf. Or to put it another way it can be a bit hit and miss trying to register one provider's address as the register contact on a separate provider.

What almost always works is to use a sipsorcery incoming dialplan. With that approach you use your sipsorcery SIP address as the register contact and then on that SIP account set an Incoming dialpan that consists of a single line as below and where you replace "user" & "somewhere.com" with your destination SIP provider details.

Code: Select all

sys.Dial("user@somewhere.com")