Unable to make calls via provider Liberalvoip.net

Support zone
Aaron
Site Admin

Re: Unable to make calls via provider Liberalvoip.net

Post by Aaron » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:51 am

I do get a response from 213.133.98.3 if I send an INVITE request so it's not an IP address block.

If you're happy for me to test with your liberailvoip credentials can you PM me your sipsorcery username and also a test number I can call with liberailvoip that won't cost you anything or at least very much (I generally only need to make 2 or 3 calls that will last for a few seconds at most).

calvinng

Post by calvinng » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:01 pm

Hello Aaron,

Ok, I will PM you my Sipsorcery username and Liberalvoip credentials with phone number to call. Thanks for the follow up.

calvinng

Post by calvinng » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:34 pm

Hello Aaron,

PM sent to you already. Please let me know if you have any problems receiving it as the message still appears in my Outbox instead of the Sent folder. Thanks.

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:32 am

Sorry it took me a couple of days to find the time to do the test calls.

The good news is the test calls I placed all worked fine every time so there's no SIP signalling issue.

Looking back over your trace I think I spotted the problem:

Code: Select all

DialPlan 08:26:20:327 sip1(3604): Commencing Dial with: 2808001012071@Liberalvoip[fd=Calvin, fu=2139865555, fh=sipsorcery.com].
The fu parameter changes the username your calls authenticate with at liberalvoip. If it worked in the past I'm not sure how but try taking it out and see if your calls work.

calvinng

Post by calvinng » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:48 am

Hello Aaron,

It doesn't work. I removed the fu parameter and tried calling but it had the same result with the 480 message at the end. I than removed also the fd and fh parameters as well leaving no parameters but the result is the same.

Any other thoughts as to what is happening?

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:58 am

Try creating a single line dialplan and in it placing a test call with your liberalvoip provider. I couldn't find anything wrong with the provider communications so I suspect it's your dialplan.

calvinng

Post by calvinng » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:16 am

Hello Aaron,

I haven't changed anything in my dial plain. This is what I have and this code is at the very end of the call out:

case num
when /^[23]/
sys.Log "Calling #{num} via Liberalvoip PBX trunk"
sys.PrintCustomSIPHeaders()
sys.Dial(num + "@Liberalvoip",RINGOUT)
end
end

There is no more code after the last end statement.
I can't figure out why I get a 480 message? I don't get any run time error or syntax error in the code and my SIP provider is properly connected to Sipsorcery. Like I said this was working for the longest time ever (4 years now before it was broken until now).

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:33 am

Ok, try a different softphone then. Maybe your Bria was upgraded or codec selection preferences were adjusted and the combination of the sipsorcery and liberalvoip processing causes something to break and the liberalvoip server to timeout.

The 480 response is a red herring. It's what the sipsorcery server will send you if your dialplan completes without establishing a call. It's nothing to do with this issue.

You need to try and isolate where the problem is now that I can confirm it's not the direct link between sipsorcery and liberalvoip. There is some other factor at play.

calvinng

Post by calvinng » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:42 am

Hello Aaron,

You are a genius, it was softphone issue with the latest Bria Iphone edition. I just tried calling with my desktop X-Lite and there was no problem. I don't know what happened with my softphone as Google voice via Sipsorcery dial plan still works. It is only the SIP trunk portion which is having this problem. I will have to figure out what is wrong with my softphone in this case. Thanks alot for all your kind assistance.

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:00 am

You're welcome. Glad you were able to nail it down.