Not answering calls from SIP provider

Support zone
markhaas

Not answering calls from SIP provider

Post by markhaas » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:13 pm

I can't seem to get calls through my SipSorcery account from my SIP (DID) provider (IP Comms). My SipSorcery account does register successfully with my SIP provider, according to the SIP Providers screen, and my softphone binds ok to my SipSorcery account. But when I call my DID number from another phone, the softphone does not ring, and there is no indication on the console of any incoming call activity.

Also, if I connect my softphone directly to my SIP/DID provider account, cutting out SipSorcery altogether, everything works fine and incoming calls ring and connect immediately on the softphone.

I have been using SipSorcery for many, many years (have a grandfathered free account), and so am not exactly a newb. This should be very straightforward, but for some reason I fail to understand, it does not work. I've even tried forwarding calls from the SIP provider to my SipSorcery account, but that does not work, either. It's almost like there's some kind of internal disconnect in my SipSorcery account.

Any ideas?

Aaron
Site Admin

Re: Not answering calls from SIP provider

Post by Aaron » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:12 am

It should be that straight forward. There could be something going wrong with the SIP signalling.

If you PM me your sipsorcery username and the ipcomms DID I can call to test the incoming call with I'll see if I can spot anything.