Can anyone help configure a Direct IP SIP Provider?

Support zone
Cat5Jive

Can anyone help configure a Direct IP SIP Provider?

Post by Cat5Jive » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:58 pm

Hello,

I have a SIP provider that authenticates via IP and using a dialing prefix. This trunk does not Register. I am trying to set up this provider in my SIP Providers tab in the Portal but it will not allow me to configure it without a username and password and also ticking Register. Anyone have any recommendations on creating this type of non registering trunk?

Aaron
Site Admin

Re: Can anyone help configure a Direct IP SIP Provider?

Post by Aaron » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:16 am

First thing to note is that the sipsorcery IP address is shared amongst ALL the sipsorcery users. So if you have a SIP provider that is only relying on IP address then you run the real risk that another sipsorcery user could inadvertently or deliberately place calls with the same provider and have them billed against your account. There are some providers that have a mechanism to cope with this scenario, anveo.com is one I know of. They do it by providing custom URLs to place your calls against.

If you still want to go ahead and use the provider and don't want to specify a username or password you can skip the step of creating a SIP Provider and place calls directly in your dial plan using the URL instead of a provider name, e.g:

Code: Select all

sys.Dial("${dst}@sip.provider.com") # No need to have a SIP Provider entry or specify a username/password.

Cat5Jive

Re: Can anyone help configure a Direct IP SIP Provider?

Post by Cat5Jive » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:24 am

Thank you for your reply Aaron!