Bad Call Quality and Call Ends at 30 Mins

Support zone
mfranzel

Bad Call Quality and Call Ends at 30 Mins

Post by mfranzel » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:29 am

Hello,
I have used SIP Sorcery for a while now with no issues. I have the service ring 3 phones: 2 Polycom phones and an ATA. I have never had problems with this setup.

I have had people tell me they cannot hear me when on calls. Furthermore, all calls end around 30 minutes. I recently switched form AT&T U-Verse to Comcast and the issue still exists. I also have other SIP providers configured on my Polycom devices that sound fine and do not end at 30 minutes which points the issue to SS.

What can I do to fix this?

Aaron
Site Admin

Re: Bad Call Quality and Call Ends at 30 Mins

Post by Aaron » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:37 pm

The sipsorcery service cannot affect your call quality. It does not get involved in the media path and does not even understand the RTP packets that carry the audio information. If you are experiencing quality problems on your call audio the first place I would look are to the obvious culprits such as large downloads or uploads somewhere on your home network. Other than that you can see if the quality issues only happen at a certain type of day which would indicate network congestion on your ISP.

For the calls cutting off at 30 minutes you could use a full SIP trace in the sipsorcery console to see where the call hangup request is coming from http://www.sipsorcery.com/mainsite/Help/Console#Filters.