sipsorcery incoming plan for wholesale VOIP DID providers

Support zone
mail2rst

sipsorcery incoming plan for wholesale VOIP DID providers

Post by mail2rst » Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:10 am

I need help to get the maximum benefit from sipsorcery incoming plan for my practical use.

I have a VOIP DID from Anveo Direct. which i can forward to any sip URL. so to make it more feature full i need to cast a call flow (ie. voicemail/ multiple sip ringing etc.). so i have two options
case 1 : call processing by sipsorcery
case 2 : call processing by third part (callcentric, voip.ms etc) then forward to sipsorcery

in my opinion case:1 having maximum benefit. as sisorcery server is not coming in between call flow it just process the call. so it means Voxbone/Anveo POP server directly connected to my sip equipment. this arrangement gives me least voice latency & minimum servers in middle of voice data.

Voxabone DID POP server >>> My sip Device

in case:2 call process by third party (ie callcentric) then call forward to sipsorcery sip id. this process is also works but now i have callcentric server also in between. more latency
so now my flow is

Voxabone DID POP server >>> callcentric server >>>> My sip Device

i want to use case:1 for my purpose but it having one unique problem. when i setup everything according to case:1. when some body call my VOIP DID. sipsorcery system works in background perfectly but the caller is not hear any ring. so on caller side everything silent till i pick the sip device and attend the call after that every thing fine. so i want to eliminate that silence in between time when the person call my number till i have not pick that sip device phone.

but in case:2 if person call my VOIP DID he hear ring is going on other side.

Anveo direct is little different then any other VOIP DID retailer as it also acts like a sipsorcery. it bypass all audio media from there server. so it provide direct connection to DID CLEC owner to my sip device.

so please give me advice,guidance or any trick with that i can utilize case:1 but the person from other side hear bell ringing.

thanks

Aaron
Site Admin

Re: sipsorcery incoming plan for wholesale VOIP DID providers

Post by Aaron » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:38 am

So from what you can tell the SIP 180 Ringing response is being sent to the CLEC's SIP gateway but the caller does not get any ringing tone?

If the CLEC SIP gateway requires an early media audio stream rather than a SIP 1xx response then sipsorcery cannot do that directly. What it can do is get the early media from another server. As an experiment try forwarding your incoming calls as per the snippet below and see if the caller gets music for the call progress indication.

Code: Select all

sys.Dial("early_music@iptel.org") # This will NOT answer the call and instead plays some music in an early media stream to the caller.

mail2rst

Post by mail2rst » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:10 pm

thanks Aaron for your help, your sipsorcery is endless flexible. this trick works for me now. so now the person from other side hear music instead of ring. its works for me it is extra addon for my phone. is we have any other sip adresses available for early media music. i know in anveo call flow in start button there is option " Do not answer the line: " somethhing like that. i think that is the "refined/more flexible/more music options/ more cutomarize able" product then "early_music@iptel.org". please if some body know other these sip address please share with us.

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:23 pm

The Anveo early media call flow block allows you to upload your own audio file to use so it may be what you're after. Depending on your Anveo plan that call block may be billable though so you need to be careful otherwise you'll end up paying a fee for people to call you before the call is even answered.

I don't know of any other SIP services that have early media that can be hooked into.

mail2rst

Post by mail2rst » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:47 am

Thanks Aaron