GV outgoing calls not connecting again

Support zone
bjmsam

Re: GV outgoing calls not connecting again

Post by bjmsam » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:05 pm

mackeev wrote:Does anyone know how to place a call to a NEW number from the new GV page?
From GV help:
To call someone you haven’t called before, use your phone instead.
WTF?

mackeev

Post by mackeev » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:42 am

mobilebone wrote:Where in the source code would I find the rnr key?
It's called page source.

mobilebone

Post by mobilebone » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:49 pm

mackeev wrote:
It's called page source.
I got to that part. Is it the landing page after the login? Which element?

mackeev

Post by mackeev » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:13 pm

mobilebone wrote:
mackeev wrote:
It's called page source.
You're kidding, aren't you? Search for rnr... it's as simple as that.
It will amount to nothing, though. Won't work, this means.
Last edited by mackeev on Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mackeev

Post by mackeev » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:15 pm

bjmsam wrote:
mackeev wrote:Does anyone know how to place a call to a NEW number from the new GV page?
From GV help:
To call someone you haven’t called before, use your phone instead.
WTF?
Can't deny them some twisted sense of humor.

mobilebone

Post by mobilebone » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:20 pm

mackeev wrote:
mobilebone wrote:
mackeev wrote: It's called page source.
You're kidding, aren't you? Search for rnr... it's as simple as that.
It will amount to nothing, though. Won't work, this means.
I wasn't on the vintage page, that's why I couldn't find it. It's good to be up to date with the developments.

mashedpotatoes

Post by mashedpotatoes » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:19 pm

Aaron wrote:I've put a little hack in place so you can try this approach out although of course I've no idea if it will work given there's no requisite login and if it does work how long it will last without needing the rnr_key to be updated.

You need to change the password field so that it's in the format rnr=your_rnr_key the thing the code checks for is the "rnr=" at the start of the password field. If it finds it then no attmept will be made to login and instead the GV call will be directly placed with teh provided rnr_key.

It seemed to work when I tested with it but I can't be sure since my own GV account has not worked since the last bunch of changes when I suspect they added some more geographic checking (I'm not in the US).
Aaron, would you be able to apply this same hack to the GoogleVoiceSMS app?

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:46 am

mashedpotatoes wrote:Aaron, would you be able to apply this same hack to the GoogleVoiceSMS app?
I did already but given it doesn't seem to work for anyone with voice calls I doubt it will be successful with SMS.

dov

Post by dov » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:41 am

Aaron wrote:
dov wrote:So my question is, for those of us that want to pull the _rnr_se key manually, can we have a place to enter it as a constant so it doesn't have to pull it from the page and fail?
I've put a little hack in place so you can try this approach out although of course I've no idea if it will work given there's no requisite login and if it does work how long it will last without needing the rnr_key to be updated.

You need to change the password field so that it's in the format rnr=your_rnr_key the thing the code checks for is the "rnr=" at the start of the password field. If it finds it then no attmept will be made to login and instead the GV call will be directly placed with teh provided rnr_key.

It seemed to work when I tested with it but I can't be sure since my own GV account has not worked since the last bunch of changes when I suspect they added some more geographic checking (I'm not in the US).
I finally got a chance to test this out but I'm seeing in the console that the key is being converted to all lowercase and I'm fairly certain it's case sensitive. So it didn't work. I don't know if it's trying with the key as entered and only converting it in the console or if converted it before trying.

dov

Post by dov » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:22 am

Aaron wrote:
dov wrote:So my question is, for those of us that want to pull the _rnr_se key manually, can we have a place to enter it as a constant so it doesn't have to pull it from the page and fail?
I've put a little hack in place so you can try this approach out although of course I've no idea if it will work given there's no requisite login and if it does work how long it will last without needing the rnr_key to be updated.

In case you're wondering, I got this to work in pygooglevoice by setting sp="my rnr key" in voice.py. I'm not sure why the code isn't pulling it properly from the page. After recompiling it, I successfully placed a call.