Can't make calls using voipcheap

Support zone
thwill

Post by thwill » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:03 pm

So, that means Voipcheap is blocking the request from sip.mysipswitch.com to go through cause your IP-address 213.200..94.182 is causing too much traffic.
I see Voipcheap's fair use policy is not more than 300 minutes per week from one IP-address.
So even if I use different accounts but same IP it won't work in the future.

I like both, Voipcheap with its free calls and your mysipswitch, but together on one account it will always cause trouble as it looks like.

Makes me a little bit sad, so I will a hardware device with two SIP accounts, Voicheap and Sipgate what I use for incoming.

Or: Create my own SIP Proxy...

wilsonhlacerda

There's a solution

Post by wilsonhlacerda » Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:11 am

That's it. Betamax is blocking IPs with to much traffic. But they can reconsider this if it is from an IP PBX. Just need the IP PBX owners to get in contact with them.

www.voxalot.com and www.pbxes.com have already these problems like 2 or 3 months ago. Now they have solved them and they do work fine with Betamax.

I'd like to kindly ask and suggest MySipSwitch Team to take a look in the VoXaLot forum 'cause there you'll find 1 or 2 topics with the whole deal and the email address of the Betamax guy that helped them to solve it. I think that if you contact Betamax and explain the problem just like VoXaLot and PBXes did they will not block MySipSwitch users anymore.

I'm just starting with MySipSwitch and I'd love to use my voipbusterpro account in it.

thwill

It works

Post by thwill » Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:29 am

Hello,

finally one voipcheap account works with mysipswitch!
The other account is registered in the Philippines, maybe thats the reason...

I used the dial plan like this for voipcheap:
exten => _X.,1,Switch(dermali,password,${EXTEN:0}@sip.VoipCheap.com:5060)

And the registration like this:
dermali password sip.voipcheap.com sip:lwgermany@213.200.94.182

I think what is important is the 5060 port and it was better with EXTEN:0 instead of 1 or 2 (maybe conincident).

Regards, Thomas

Aaron
Site Admin

Re: There's a solution

Post by Aaron » Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:24 am

wilsonhlacerda wrote:That's it. Betamax is blocking IPs with to much traffic. But they can reconsider this if it is from an IP PBX. Just need the IP PBX owners to get in contact with them.

www.voxalot.com and www.pbxes.com have already these problems like 2 or 3 months ago. Now they have solved them and they do work fine with Betamax.

I'd like to kindly ask and suggest MySipSwitch Team to take a look in the VoXaLot forum 'cause there you'll find 1 or 2 topics with the whole deal and the email address of the Betamax guy that helped them to solve it. I think that if you contact Betamax and explain the problem just like VoXaLot and PBXes did they will not block MySipSwitch users anymore.

I'm just starting with MySipSwitch and I'd love to use my voipbusterpro account in it.
Hi wilsonhlacerda,

I'd be more than happy to send off the email to the contact and will do a bit of a hunt around for it when I get a chance. If anyone does know the email it'd be great if they could post it up or PM me (and will speed up me getting around to it as well).

Regards,

Aaron

wilsonhlacerda

Post by wilsonhlacerda » Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:55 am

Hi Aaron,

thanks for your help.

The guy from Betamax that helped VoXaLot to solve the problem with them is engineer Jeroen. In the VoXaLot side were Martin and Tony. Unfortunately I could not find Jeroen's email in the VoXaLot forum, but I think if you PM Martin/Tony in their forum they will help you. Or you can try to contact Betamax standard support and mention Jeroen.

The main topics in the VoXaLot forum that cover the problem and solution are these:
http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-suppor ... rking.html
http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-suppor ... ility.html

Hope to hear good news from you soon.