did anybody managed to log into sip sorcery on linux?

Found something wrong ?
ks

did anybody managed to log into sip sorcery on linux?

Post by ks » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:57 am

it seems that moonlight is always one step behind the silverlight. and the page seem to always require the latest version.
when silverlight was 2.something the moonlight was 1.something and i couldn't even get the page to open.
now one the first one is in 3, my moonlight just got upgraded to 2 and i'm getting the message that there's no more binding elements.
my cous has windows and i was able to log into the site with no problems from his comp.
what do i do? (assuming i don't want to install windows)
thanks everybody

ClareOldie

Re: did anybody managed to log into sip sorcery on linux?

Post by ClareOldie » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:02 pm

ks wrote:it seems that moonlight is always one step behind the silverlight. and the page seem to always require the latest version.
when silverlight was 2.something the moonlight was 1.something and i couldn't even get the page to open.
now one the first one is in 3, my moonlight just got upgraded to 2 and i'm getting the message that there's no more binding elements.
my cous has windows and i was able to log into the site with no problems from his comp.
what do i do? (assuming i don't want to install windows)
thanks everybody
It appears to me that the only option is to abandon the whole idea.
I do not use Windows or any Windows applications.
I was quite happy and able to use the mysipswitch service.
Now I have been deliberately blocked from accessing the sipsorcery service by the decisions taken about how access can be achieved.

Essentially the open standard SIP service provided is wrapped up in a proprietary wrapper keeping the rest of us at bay.

I am really pissed off and disgusted at this turn of events.

guduri

Post by guduri » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:30 pm

I have tried multiple options with moonlight etc. and finally gave up. I have a virtualized windows XP and I use it with VirtualBox just for sipsorcery.

ClareOldie

Post by ClareOldie » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:35 pm

guduri wrote:I have tried multiple options with moonlight etc. and finally gave up. I have a virtualized windows XP and I use it with VirtualBox just for sipsorcery.
It was my understanding - from what others have told me - that virtualisation was not allowed by the XP EULA.

Either way I will not be installing Windows or purchasing a Windows licence.

In which case I am snookered.

I may just spend some money on hardware that will allow me to register multiple accounts and be done with the whole sorry mess.

rod178

Post by rod178 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:59 am

Too bad. sigh!

Sipsorcery is what has preventing migrating to Linux. My experiences with Vista have finally sent me over the edge, no matter how good Windows 7 actually is, which may turn out to be just more M$ spin.

Eventually a Web gui may be witten for SS. Hence operation system independent.

When (if) that day comes I'll be migrating to Linux. Someone with the skill sets need to help Aaron out on coding a Web gui. Find it difficult to understand how he has the time to keep SS running, as it is.

kael

Post by kael » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:19 am

Nope. I can't even find out what this service is about. It was recommended to me but I'm afraid it's quite useless since I can't access it. First I had to install Microsoft Silverlight which I can't, so I got this moonlight thing instead. Then it tells me I need the beta version, so I get that and nothing. Just a couple links and a cryptic message, I'm assuming is an error saying in broken English: There is no more available binding element. Whatever that means. I click on the few links there, the About looks promising, but it tells me to go to www.sipsorcery.com...wtf? That's really useful.

I figured it was because I'm using linux, 64 bit at that. But fine. If they don't want us, we'll go elsewhere. It's a big Internet out there with plenty of room for people who don't want our kind around.

And yeah, I created an account just to post this message because I want you guys to know that you're losing business here by excluding me. Send me an email if you get it working, please. At least I'll be able to figure out what this product or service you supply is. I'm going to have to tell my associate that his recommendation is worthless until you get it fixed. My email: sipsorcery.10.kael (at) spamgourmet.com.

I'll just ring my bell and shout "pariah, unclean" as I walk away from your site. Later.

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:34 am

No products or services for sale here, just a single programmer banging away and offering the results on a take it or leave it basis. I've nothing against Linux but it's a lot of extra effort for me to expend to look into moonlight support and to date I haven't gotten around to it. The source for this project is all publicly available should anyone else be so inclined.

Regards,
Aaron

XAVIER

Post by XAVIER » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:49 pm

The switchboard seems to be working with the latest moonlight nightly

synchron

Post by synchron » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:12 pm

I'm no Linux guru but doesn't the Ajax Html portal allow non Windows/Silverlight users to access sipsorcery?

Or am I missing something?

Synchron 8)