callwithus

Found something wrong ?
armbel

callwithus

Post by armbel » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:33 pm

Hi Aaron,

last night callwithus banned SS and i couldn't make my calls,i contact Sergey,he was a great help and he found the user(s) who was ruining the service for us...
i don't know if u should bane them,warn them or what the legal action to use

thanks in advance

Aaron
Site Admin

Re: callwithus

Post by Aaron » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:42 pm

I'll have a look through the sipsorcery logs and see if I can spot any misuse. I'm more than happy to ban any user who has been acting illegally. Sergey can email me the details at admin@sipsorcery.com or if you have his address I will check with him.

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:55 pm

Upon checking the logs there are only 126 calls from sipsorcery users to callwithus in the last week and no indications of any abusive activity.

jack9901

Post by jack9901 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:40 am

After almost two weeks of service suspension to Sipsorcery without any explanation like before, I found Callwithus worked today. However, the caller ID was not correct. After some digging around, my conclusion is that those test calls were billed to some other person's account whose number is 425xxxxxxx.

Another coincidence I noticed was that my future-nine account @ Sipsorcery stopped working. However, my future-nine account @ PBXes.org now is billed to another person'a account whose number is 252xxxxxxx.

I guess their servers are mis-configured with a very common mistake that when one user account is registered to their server, other people's calls from the same IP are passed without authentication and billed to the registered account, or the last registered account if multiple accounts are registered. I suggest people using their service stop regstering to their servers now and report the bug to the service owners.