GV Not Working Since Server Migration

Found something wrong ?
sunnyandshaggy

Re: GV Not Working Since Server Migration

Post by sunnyandshaggy » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:57 pm

Follow Up on the caller ID issue:

When dialing my G.V. #: Call ID shows up fine in G.V. Voicemail logs. But I get the washington number on my phone for incoming.

When dialing IPKall #: I am able to see caller ID just fine.

So somewhere from G.V. -> IPKall -> SIPSorcery the caller ID is goofed up.

hok

Post by hok » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:52 am

obstruction wrote:...
But now any DTMF tone I send disconnects the call!
At PBXes, in trunks folder, select the trunk named sipphone and edit dtmfmode: rfc2833 please.
Last edited by hok on Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hok

Post by hok » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:59 pm

sunnyandshaggy wrote:
hok wrote:Click Submit & Start button in Personal Data folder at PBXes please
Where do I find this??? I'm having the same issue.
That is only apply if you use PBXes or i-p-tel at http://www.i-p-tel.com/ as well, please read every post in this thread as it covers all issues and fixes discovered after SIPsorcery hosting server moved from San Francisco, California to Dallas, Texas.

beaver

Post by beaver » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:35 pm

Thanks Aaron and all guys here for the guide.

My sip phone works now, from this morning.

I got the problem pretty late, started June 19 afternoon. My two GV rotation accounts not working on outgoing calls any more. tried several ways here not.
Later, Aaron send me a GV link, stepped through the instructions in each my GV account, one -by one.
Bingo. it works.

My sip account uses pbxes, sipgate, and GV.

hok

Post by hok » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:03 pm

sunnyandshaggy wrote:Follow Up on the caller ID issue:

When dialing my G.V. #: Call ID shows up fine in G.V. Voicemail logs. But I get the washington number on my phone for incoming.

When dialing IPKall #: I am able to see caller ID just fine.

So somewhere from G.V. -> IPKall -> SIPSorcery the caller ID is goofed up.
This issue has nothing to do with SIPsorcery hosting server moved from San Francisco, California to Dallas, Texas. Instead, it is an old issue that detailed in the thread at http://forum.voxilla.com/threads/no-inc ... -id.30945/, please kindly read every single post in the thread to fully understand the cause and fix. You should contact Google and FCC to stop the carrier Google utilizes for forwarding calls to your IPKall DID from sending local CID to your IPKall DID.

obstruction

Post by obstruction » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:23 pm

hok wrote:
obstruction wrote:...
But now any DTMF tone I send disconnects the call!
At PBXes, in trunks folder, select the trunk named sipphone and edit dtmfmode: rfc2833 please.
rfc2833 resulted in no DTMF being passed through, but Info seems to be working. Previously, the only setting I could get to pass DTMF through was inband with audio bypass enabled.

Thanks for the help!

sunnyandshaggy

Post by sunnyandshaggy » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:53 am

hok wrote: This issue has nothing to do with SIPsorcery hosting server moved from San Francisco, California to Dallas, Texas. Instead, it is an old issue that detailed in the thread at http://forum.voxilla.com/threads/no-inc ... -id.30945/, please kindly read every single post in the thread to fully understand the cause and fix. You should contact Google and FCC to stop the carrier Google utilizes for forwarding calls to your IPKall DID from sending local CID to your IPKall DID.

From what I read in the post the issue should have been resolved...And it was because I remember that happening back then. However I was unaware of the outcome with new Phantom Traffic regulation.

I looked further into my logs and this issue has actually been going on for almost a month now (sorry my mistake).

I have posted the issue on G.V. forums and emailed FCC for questioning if they are in compliance currently.

hok

Post by hok » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:13 pm

Since FCC adopted Phantom Traffic regulation, compliance has been near 100% but not 100% at all times. It appears to me that some carriers are still trying to reduce the payment of inter-carrier compensation by sending CID that is local to DIDs are being called until compliant is filed with FCC.