getting error 604 reaching in.callcentric.com

Found something wrong ?
vientito

getting error 604 reaching in.callcentric.com

Post by vientito » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:40 pm

I have been using csipsimple on my android to call into sipsorcery account where one of the numbers is directed to in.callcentric.com. For a long time I have not been having any problem reaching this number. Until recently I am getting a strange problem because I could not reach that number anymore. It keeps giving me error 604 "host unresolvable error".

If I get on my laptop and use another SIP softphone to call the same number it will connect without problem. After this, the problem would not repeat itself on my android. I suppopse via some kind of mechanism the name resolution is no longer needed (maybe name caching) the call would dispatch fine. If I leave it idle for some time the same behaviour will happen again and I am getting 604 error.

I keep thinking that name resolution is the job of sipsorcery so if sipsorcery could not resolve the name then my android wll dutifully report this problem. Yet somehow the behaviour differ between my laptop sip softphone and csipsimple and this really got me stumped.

This problem has popped up within these last few days I am not sure if sipsorcery has undergone some changes that bring about this problem?

I have since reinstalled old version of csipsimple which I am sure that mirror old faultless behaviour but this did not change anything at all and I am still getting 604 host error so I tend to believe there's some change at sipsorcery that might have brought along this new issue (or even at callcentric who know?)

vientito

Re: getting error 604 reaching in.callcentric.com

Post by vientito » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:16 pm

I tried to upload my sipsorcery log file but upload attachment for some reason wont let me do keeping saying extension not allowed.

vientito

Post by vientito » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:29 pm

hmmm, I was reporting too soon without further observation. Just a while ago I tried calling with my laptop sip softphone and experienced exact problem as on my android. So this problem is probably quite intermittent. I have got logs for both situations. IF needed I could send them for analyse

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:39 am

I've verified the issue on the sipsorcery server. I found at least one other domain name affected as well as in.callcentric.com so there could also be others. The problem is the upstream DNS server that sipsorcery is using for host name resolution. For some reason it's decided that certain domain names don't exist. I'm in the process of installing a DNS resolving server directly on the sipsorcery server to avoid using the failing DNS resolver and I anticipate it will take up to 8 hours to get it fixed.

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:26 am

It didn't take that long after all. A local DNS resolver has now been installed on the sipsorcery server and resolutions are working a lot better now including in.callcentric.com.

vientito

Post by vientito » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:48 am

Excellent! Thanks for your prompt attention to this matter. I am looking forward to full resolution by next morning.