Get busy signal trying to outcall (Solved)

Found something wrong ?
stevel351

Get busy signal trying to outcall (Solved)

Post by stevel351 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:30 am

outgoing calls give me a busy signal. I am using a Lynksys PAP2T-NA and have also tried to call using X-Lite. If I use Google voice directly, the call connects through sipsocery and I receive the call. So the problem is only with outgoing calls, no matter what I use to make those calls. This problem just appeared in the last couple of days and I've never had this problem before. I changed no settings. The problem appears to be at sipsorcery's end since my calls are unable to connect with sipsorcery and all attempts to call just return a busy signal.
Last edited by stevel351 on Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aaron
Site Admin

Re: Get busy signal trying to outcall

Post by Aaron » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:15 am

To find out why your calls are failing login to the Silverlight portal at http://www.sipsorcery.com/mainsite/Home/Portal go to the Console tab, click connect and then try a call. If you see an error message that mentions an rnr_key not being found then you need to visit this link https://accounts.google.com/DisplayUnlockCaptcha to re-authorise sipsorcery on your Google Voice account.

stevel351

Re: Get busy signal trying to outcall

Post by stevel351 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:21 pm

problem solved.

I checked the setting on my PAP2T-NA device and, after some research on the net, came to realize that the setting for ''Use DNS SRV" was sent to "no" and I was using the web address sipsorcery.com as 'Proxy'. Apparently, in the past my DNS Server still worked automatically, but somehow stopped doing so. So I just changed the setting for ''Use DNS SRV" to "yes" and that solved the problem. As a test, I inserted the actual sipsorcery.com IP address (67.222.131.147) as Proxy, and turned the ''Use DNS SRV" back to "no" and it still worked (I simply bypassed DNS server).

for those technically challenged, as I am, a DNS server simply translates the "English" address (sipsorcery.com) to an IP address (67.222.131.147) transparently. For some reason that was not automatically being done on my system so changing the PAP2T-NA setting to force that translation solved the problem.