Sipsorcery & callcentric with callerid

Found something wrong ?
Flip

Re: Sipsorcery & callcentric with callerid

Post by Flip » Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:20 pm

Thanks Aaron. Finding various calls are inherritting different CID due to the VSPs "flexibility", or lack of... A long-term plan is to migrate clients from Entrust ICT to other providers, due to their CID restrictions (have to manually verify DIDs for *every* extension, not account-wide!).

I think I now understand why I get the 401. I manually fill in the CID in the VSP account fields, however this is a DID added to VSP's account and my user name is also a DID. So this might explain the issue. Perhaps yet another PTL issue! :roll:

So no matter what number is dialled, I need each VSP to display the same number. Will this work, obviously as far as things ar under SIP Sorcery's control? [fd=0288844444] or Int'l format [fd=61288844444]
Aaron wrote:Yes you can still use the fu and fh options in a dial string. The options are described here but in short they both allow you to manipulate a different part of the From header when you send a call. However the From header is used for authentication so if you find your calls get rejected with 401 or 403 responses then you broken it. Also not all providers allow the setting or arbitrary caller ID so even if you set different portions of the From header and the provider accepts it there is no guarantee they will apply that as the caller ID on a PSTN call.
ISP: Southern Phone ADSL2+ $55 Bundle. 22.4/1.2Mbps, GB Bundle [Telstra].
VSP: SIPTalk¹, Symbio² & MyNetFone³ via SIPSorcery Cloud PBX. [Warning! Avoid DIDLogic!!! Beware!!]
H/W: Asus RT-AC86U; Cisco SPA232D, 2 x SPA901's, SPA3102; Yealink SIP-T46G.

Aaron
Site Admin

Re: Sipsorcery & callcentric with callerid

Post by Aaron » Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:34 pm

Flip wrote:So no matter what number is dialled, I need each VSP to display the same number. Will this work, obviously as far as things ar under SIP Sorcery's control? [fd=0288844444] or Int'l format [fd=61288844444]
For an outgoing call the sipsorcery server will happily pass on any values you want (unless they cause the header to fail SIP validation rules) in the From header.

But the challenge with caller ID is not at the sipsorcery end it's at the destination end. SIP Providers all have their own rules for whether caller ID can be set and if so how ti can be set. So you will have to check with each SIP Provider you want to set caller ID with as to whether they support it and if so what mechanism they use.