not sure if its a bug

Found something wrong ?
sly

not sure if its a bug

Post by sly » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:29 pm

Aaron, i'm not sure whenever is a bug or not but heres what happens.
Sometimes when I'm not home, or even if im home but don't want to answer, my phone rings indefinitely until i pick up. Happens about once per week on average. All my incoming lines have voice mail, so when when its bug free, phones would just ring 4-5 times and go to voice mail. They still go to voice mail when it happens but phone never stops ringing. what could be wrong?

Aaron
Site Admin

Re: not sure if its a bug

Post by Aaron » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:38 am

Does a call record for that particular time show up in your sipsorcery call history?

If not it's probably a VoIP scanner that's hitting your network as part of a random trawl over the internet looking for vulnerable SIP end points. in 99.9% of cases you can defeat these scanners by getting your router to use any port except UDP 5060 for SIP.

sly

Post by sly » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:11 pm

Aaron wrote:Does a call record for that particular time show up in your sipsorcery call history?

If not it's probably a VoIP scanner that's hitting your network as part of a random trawl over the internet looking for vulnerable SIP end points. in 99.9% of cases you can defeat these scanners by getting your router to use any port except UDP 5060 for SIP.

I haven't paid attention whenever its shows up in call history, all i know is that 9/10 times i do get CallerID that i recognize when this happens. I'll take a closer look at the logs when this happens again and will let you know.
I don't know if there is a line of code i can put into dial rules that will possibly just drop calls after so many seconds of ringing if unanswered?

sly

Post by sly » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:31 pm

Aaron wrote:Does a call record for that particular time show up in your sipsorcery call history?

It just happened now. it showed "Unknown" caller on CalledID and did not show up in call history in your control panel.

sly

Post by sly » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:00 am

so this this happening consistently on legit calls that show up in log. phone just never stops ringing till i answer.
is there line of code i can add to dial plan that will limit how many times phone will ring all together?

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:08 am

Yes there is http://www.sipsorcery.com/mainsite/Help/DialPlans#Dial.

Code: Select all

sys.Dial("your_username@local", 10) # Stop ringing after 10 seconds.

sly

Post by sly » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:23 am

Aaron wrote:Yes there is http://www.sipsorcery.com/mainsite/Help/DialPlans#Dial.

Code: Select all

sys.Dial("your_username@local", 10) # Stop ringing after 10 seconds.
i added that line to a new incoming plan i created, but once i applied that plan as incoming to my accounts i stopped receiving any calls and in log it says invalid syntax.
I don't really know what i'm doing when it comes to writing dial plans. my outgoing works flawlessly after you helped me when i got my account, now i get this phone ringing thing that doesn't stop and i just need to put a stop to it. what all needs to be in a incoming dial plan besides string above?

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:10 am

The steps you need to take are:

1. Create a new dialplan, call it "incoming" or something similar,
2. Add a single line to the dialplan as per beloiw ensuring that you put your sipsorcery username in instead of your_username:
sys.Dial("your_username@local", 10)
3. On you default SIP account set the "In Dial Plan" to the new incoming dialplan you have created.