One-way or None audio with Callback

Found something wrong ?
wilbert

One-way or None audio with Callback

Post by wilbert » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:20 pm

I'm starting to suffer one-way or none audio using sys.Callback. I'm using Callcentric and Callwithus and tried many different orders:

sys.Callback("Callwithus", "Callcentric")
sys.Callback("Callcentric", "Callwithus")
sys.Callback("Callcentric", "Callcentric")
sys.Callback("Callwithus", "Callwithus")

But no success. Sometimes have one-way audio and other cases can't hear anything.

wilbert

Re: One-way or None audio with Callback

Post by wilbert » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:43 pm

Any workaround? In the meantime I'm using Callwithus Web Callback feature but I really need to use SS feature.

wilbert

Post by wilbert » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:53 am

Hi,

I've just read about the "Don't Mangle" option in sys.Dial. Shouldn't be this feature available for sys.Callback? Today, my most successful tries with Callback are using the same Provider (voip providers or remote PBX). Maybe, it make sense to have this feature.

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:22 am

The don't mangle option specifies that the Dial command should not adjust the IP address in the call request it is passing through from an IP phone or ATA. With the Callback application there is no call request; instead it needs to set up two new calls and then bridge them together; there is no call request to not mangle.

wilbert

Post by wilbert » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:57 am

Thus, the only problem would be the both Provider7Trunks are not using the same RTP port set?

Most of the time, even if using the same VoIP Provider, depending on the destination, the call is being sent to different (internal) trunks reaching different Carriers. Each one can have different RTP port sets and, as we are not using a Proxy, that would cause the 1-way audio problem?

If this is the case, I think I can force my Provider to use the same Trunk for both legs.