sys.GoogleVoiceCall doesn't work on accounts with 2FA enabled

Found something wrong ?
hmmwhatsthisdo

sys.GoogleVoiceCall doesn't work on accounts with 2FA enabled

Post by hmmwhatsthisdo » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:58 am

So, some security issues recently affected my Google account and I, as a result, now have to enable TOTP two-factor authentication. After doing this, I noticed that my SIPSorcery account (which uses sys.GoogleVoiceCall at the core of its dial plan) has stopped working.

My assumption is that it's challenging whatever HTTP requests are being made with a request for a TOTP code.

Unfortunately, using an app password also does not seem to work.

Is there some way to allow 2FA-enabled accounts to work with SIPSorcery?

hmmwhatsthisdo

Re: sys.GoogleVoiceCall doesn't work on accounts with 2FA enabled

Post by hmmwhatsthisdo » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:30 am

I should potentially add a bit more data about all of this.

From what I've read elsewhere, it looks like sys.GoogleVoiceCall is emulating a user, logging into the GV homepage, and placing a call with the callback set to whatever phone number the function call specified. This fails when 2FA is enabled, as the current method does not allow for entry of a TOTP verification code.

I don't really have enough experience with SIPSorcery or Google's APIs to say for certain, but utilizing the Perhaps the other way to do this (using the new gapi.hangout.telephone API) might be to setup OAUTH2 authorization (I don't quite know how this part works - perhaps a separate page on the SIPSorcery server people load?), then add the user to a Hangout when a call request is received, call the specified forwarding phone, then call the destination after the call picks up.

The other option could potentially be a separate page on SIPSorcery's server that people access, enter their Google account credentials, and then enter in a TOTP code in order to get that initial TOTP/"Don't ask for codes again on this computer" prompt handled.