Removing Registrations and Accounts

Found something wrong ?
Aaron
Site Admin

Removing Registrations and Accounts

Post by Aaron » Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:44 pm

Hi,

I've done some work on the problem with deleting SIP registrations and completely deleting a sipswitch account. It should work a lot better now.

Regards,

Aaron

pablo

Error: Exception processing request. Value was .............

Post by pablo » Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:09 pm

Hi Aaron,
While viewing the Monitoring page using Firefox or Opera, I now get a message:

Error: Exception processing request. Value was either too large or too small for an Int32.

The upper registrations list (with the Remove field) now does not show up on the monitoring page.

I currently have 9 registrations in this Sipswitch account.
Sipswitch seems to be working normally though.

Wonder if this is related to the change or if it is something else.

Thanks

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:32 pm

Hi pablo,

Can you try clearing your browser cache - some of the javascript files have changed so if your borwser has them cached ther could be a problem - and try reloading the page.

If the problem is still there could you pm me your sipswitch username and I'll have a look. Firefox and IE both work ok for my 6 registrations.

Regards,

Aaron

pablo

Post by pablo » Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:50 pm

Hi Aaron,
I cleared the history, and still get the same response.
I also deleted registrations until I got 6 active ones, and still no change in either Firefox or Opera.

I wonder if you can take a look at my account. I will PM you the Account name.

Thanks for creaming the spam off the forum!

Regards

CableRider

Post by CableRider » Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:13 am

Hi Aaron,

Sadly I still cannot recreate my account - it still has a unique constraint failure. I know I could create a new account ID but would still like to use my old one - that way I'll know if my previous registrations are still live or not.

Would you be able to look into it please?

Regards.

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:55 am

Hi CableRider,

Sorry I thought the last fixes I made would fix your problem but I didn't read your message carefully enough. Your problem was due to an older bug and I have now cleaned out all the old data for your old username so you can re-create.

Regards,

Aaron

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:39 pm

pablo wrote:Hi Aaron,
I cleared the history, and still get the same response.
I also deleted registrations until I got 6 active ones, and still no change in either Firefox or Opera.

I wonder if you can take a look at my account. I will PM you the Account name.

Thanks for creaming the spam off the forum!

Regards
Hi pablo,

Took me a while but I've tracked that bug down and fixed it as well. The error message was actually correct and for some reason one of your registrations (a voxalot contact you have on your fwd account) is returning an expiry value of 4294786224 which is greater than the maximum value for an int32 which is is not supposed to be according to the SIP standard. The sipswitch web site will now handle cases where the value is too large so can handle this case.

Regards,

Aaron

pablo

Post by pablo » Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:14 am

Thanks for taking the time to look at this. Seems like it's working quite well now.
Deleting or editing registrations appears to be faster and more responsive also.

CableRider

Post by CableRider » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:27 am

Aaron wrote:I have now cleaned out all the old data for your old username so you can re-create.
Thanks Aaron, seems to be ok now. I can recreate it all right.

However when I delete an account, would I not be right in assuming that everything to do with that account will go as well? When I recreated my account, the monitoring window still shows all the old stuff. It's not a big deal, it was just unexpected, that's all.

Thanks again.

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:35 pm

CableRider wrote:
Aaron wrote:I have now cleaned out all the old data for your old username so you can re-create.
Thanks Aaron, seems to be ok now. I can recreate it all right.

However when I delete an account, would I not be right in assuming that everything to do with that account will go as well? When I recreated my account, the monitoring window still shows all the old stuff. It's not a big deal, it was just unexpected, that's all.

Thanks again.
Hi CableRider,

I have fixed up the removal of the log messages when an account goes and also removed all your existing log messages so that your username is now completely clean and you don't have to worry about anything still hanging around.

I saw your comments on the Aussie Whirlpool forums and we (sipswitch admins) weren't ignoring your post about not being able to delete your account properly. This project is an experimental effort that we are hoping to evolve into some kind of community maintained one. At the moment there are two of us working on it in our spare time. The day you posted the message happended to coincide with a week one of us was on a months leave and the other was tied up getting married :( .

Anyone that likes the concept of free SIP switching enough to get annoyed at the features, or lack of, is more than welcome to help the two of us out. C# is a nice deveploment environment even for those not that familiar with programming :) .

Regards,

Aaron