Subaccounts on local version

Discussions about using SIP Sorcery on your own computer/server
djain

Subaccounts on local version

Post by djain » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:00 am

Since SS is getting down quite often, I had tried local version on my machine but wasn't able to make it work... No idea how to create sub accounts on local versions. Is there any detailed guideline on how to set up and install SS on local machine (other than the one with few steps). Also in the domain popup menu it doesn't show anything for me... :-(

jainpj

Post by jainpj » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:37 pm

There isn't any comprehensive guide but first follow the document that comes with relesase v1.1, use the xml files to do all your configuration and then try moving to a database.

In terms of sub accounts. The SS has a concept of creating owners (sipowners.xml) and then one or more sipaccounts for each owner (sipaccounts.xml). Sipaccounts are like subaccounts and can be of three types; incoming sipaccount (set by checking the incoming check box) incoming/outgoing sipaccount (set by setting a valid incoming and outgoing dialplan) and direct mode (by keeping the incoming outgoing dialplan to blank). In direct mode sip accounts, all incoming calls are forwarded to all registered clients without loading any dialplan.

jainpj

Post by jainpj » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:08 pm

I have just added a new install guide here, which may be helpful