Play Audio Message

Please post requests related to the sipsorcery library to the GitHub repo https://github.com/sipsorcery/sipsorcery/issues.
AviMarcus

Re: Play Audio Message

Post by AviMarcus » Sat May 22, 2010 11:27 pm

wow. easy change. works now.
But I always need to use my main user account for transferring in calls?
If I want to set up multiple apps transferring back in, I need to parse it's source from the user variable? Or is there any other way to pass information back?
Help document SIP Sorcery on the wiki!
If you solved an issue you were having or figured out how to do something, please share on the wiki! It will save everyone lots of time and frustration.

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Sat May 22, 2010 11:37 pm

You always need to use your "owner" account which is your web login username. There's nothing you can really parse at the tropo end to know which if your SIP accounts the call is for, at least not without setting yourself up a custom header.

Regards,
Aaron

AviMarcus

Post by AviMarcus » Thu May 27, 2010 11:18 pm

So what kind of headers can I pass to Tropo, and what can it pass back that I can read? I don't have much experience with that.

And - would it be possible to connect to Tropo media server, but not fully connect the call? Unfortunately, they automatically send SIP 200, but I was thinking like this:
I'd like to give a warning to the user before connecting their call. Either this is free from their cell phone, or this is an expensive call, etc.
I could set up a series of blind transfers and put some security into it, or.. if it somehow would only send back 100 trying, then I could set a delay on the second dial giving the user time to hang up without completing the real call.
Tropo in IRC said they automatically send 200...

Ideas?
If you solved an issue you were having or figured out how to do something, please share on the wiki! It will save everyone lots of time and frustration.

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Fri May 28, 2010 12:39 am

You can pass arbitrary headers through to Tropo by using the sys.SetCustomSIPHeader method in your sipsorcery dialplan.

Code: Select all

sys.SetCustomSIPHeader("MyHeader", "My Value")
In your Tropo script you can see what SIP headers came through by using :

log $currentCall.inspect
In my experience you lose all your SIP headers unless you send your calls to Tropo using the sip-noproxy.voxeo.net server. If you use the sip.tropo.com server then I don't know of any way to get access to custom SIP headers. In addition the Tropo SIP proxy prefixes the headers with "x-sbc-" and converts them to lower case so to get the original header you need to use:

log $currentCall.getHeader("x-sbc-myheader")
The answer to the other part of your question is in theory yes. You can use an early dialog to play a message to a caller without answering the message. But apart from firing up your own Asterisk server the only other place I know of where you can even connect to customised early dialog audio is early_music@iptel.org. Maybe there's a provider out there somewhere that will give you a SIP URI that you can record a message for and have it played back as early dialog, I don't know of such a one. It's a long shot but you could try asking the tech's at anveo.com, they are a new service so are still being flexible with features.

Regards,
Aaron

AviMarcus

Post by AviMarcus » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:38 am

So cloudvox allows free sip calls.. but each incoming minute for their IVR is billed at 60/60, and not free? Or am I just freakishly seeing my minutes go down for no reason?

AviMarcus

Post by AviMarcus » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:41 am

So this actually seems to work. I didn't really do anything with it yet, though:

http://wiki.sipsorcery.com/mw/index.php?title=DISA

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:46 pm

AviMarcus wrote:So cloudvox allows free sip calls.. but each incoming minute for their IVR is billed at 60/60, and not free? Or am I just freakishly seeing my minutes go down for no reason?
I never quite worked out whether cloudvox were charging for SIP calls or not. I did ask and they seemed to say yes they would be charging for SIP calls but that on net calls were free.

At the moment if you call in using a number format of sip:2063576220x20155@cv01t01.cloudvox.com you get charged but if you call in using sip:20155@cloudvox where cloudvox is a provider account you have registered with cloudvox you DON'T get charged. So SIP calls from unauthenticated clients are charged but authenticated calls aren't, fair enough I suppose, you can get SIP calls for free but you can't give out a public SIP URI to every man and his dog and pay nothing.

AviMarcus

Post by AviMarcus » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:56 pm

Aaron wrote:
AviMarcus wrote:So cloudvox allows free sip calls.. but each incoming minute for their IVR is billed at 60/60, and not free? Or am I just freakishly seeing my minutes go down for no reason?
I never quite worked out whether cloudvox were charging for SIP calls or not. I did ask and they seemed to say yes they would be charging for SIP calls but that on net calls were free.

At the moment if you call in using a number format of sip:2063576220x20155@cv01t01.cloudvox.com you get charged but if you call in using sip:20155@cloudvox where cloudvox is a provider account you have registered with cloudvox you DON'T get charged.
Where do I find which number to use?
So SIP calls from unauthenticated clients are charged but authenticated calls aren't, fair enough I suppose, you can get SIP calls for free but you can't give out a public SIP URI to every man and his dog and pay nothing.
Instead, you just set up an SS sub account and dial it. lol.

AviMarcus

Post by AviMarcus » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:31 pm

Wow. So I got DISA set up with both tropo and cloudvox.

http://wiki.sipsorcery.com/mw/index.php ... ox_for_ISA

Heh, I forgot. Maybe now I can try that "play message and come back" - with Tropo, because it does blind transfers.