how to reach an extension when dialing from PSTN

Please post requests related to the sipsorcery library to the GitHub repo https://github.com/sipsorcery/sipsorcery/issues.
jay75

Re: how to reach an extension when dialing from PSTN

Post by jay75 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:43 pm

Thanks Mike i will play with Tropo, a little bit and get back to SS and go from there i'll let you know how it goes.

If you don't mind, do you know where to find Cool scripts for tropo that i can use...? that would actually work with SS..

Thank you,

MikeTelis

Post by MikeTelis » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:39 am

There's a lot of examples and tutorials on Tropo and yet there is a sample posted in Aaron's blog. More than enough to get the thing to work :-)

jay75

Post by jay75 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:04 am

Thanks Mike, I played with Tropo and it is pretty good...
I believe my issue is coming from SS, because i just relakized that i have a one way audio when i dial from SS basically they hear me and i don't hear them... this happens when Google is involved...so basically if i dial 411 i don't hear anything and the call does initiate correctly when looking at the events. but when i dial 266 CNN radio i hear eveything...

I will investigate some and try to figurte out this one way audio... which i didn't have in the passed.

Thanks,

MikeTelis

Post by MikeTelis » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:16 am

Are you trying to call from ATA/softphone sitting behind a router? If your callee is another softphone/ATA sitting behind the same router, 1-way audio or no audio at all is quite typical.

I couldn't find a good solution to this issue (other than using a media-bridging server. Fortunately, all your callers are going to be from the outside, right?

There is a simple trick I'm using to verify how it works for the outside callers. I connect via a VPN (such as HotSpotShield) and try calling using a softphone (Bria). If it works, your "outside" callers shouldn't have any problems :)

jay75

Post by jay75 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:38 pm

Yes i'm using a softphone. various ones actually...
PC softphones i'm trying are:
x-lite
yate3

and IPhone:
Bria
acrobits sipphone.
isip
adorephone
siphon
ipico.

and the same issue.. the thing is; this all worked fine before until now.

i also have MagicJack setup to the same softphone softwares and it works great i can hear just fine.
the same with vonageMobile... it works as expected.

so basically this is something in SS.. i don't know if something changed or what.

and i'm not dialing one softphone to another on the same network. i've dialed 411 which through the simple GV dial plan it translate to an 800 number that leads to dead air... the call is established but nothing.

the strange thing i noticed is that sometimes the calls goes through afer like 15 seconds ...or more.. so basically i call and google is reached and it dials then i hang-up and after 10 sec my other softphones rings, and my caller rings as well but when i answer either one the connection is lost.

so this is defenitly something going on with SS.. i think it may have been overloaded, or something.
i'll continute testing.
so th

jay75

Post by jay75 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:05 pm

I can't seem to figure out what is with the no audio issue. i call my cell phone, and it ring but i hear nothing ... so what gives...
This used to work..

MikeTelis

Post by MikeTelis » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:12 pm

Sorry, I can't follow you... are you having problems with Tropo or you can't get audio on a regular GV call? If the latter, set "In" dialplan to blank and try calling manually, via GV web interface. If still no audio, something must be wrong either with the router, or with your DID number... I don't think it's related to SS.

akalsey

Post by akalsey » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:01 pm

MikeTelis wrote:Tropo is free for developers. I think they will eventually change this policy...
No, we won't. Tropo will always be free for developer use and you decide when you're ready to go to production. Same policy as Voxeo has had for all our platforms for the last 10 years. And once you are in production, the pricing is very low.

jay75

Post by jay75 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:44 pm

Thanks akalsey for the update,
Mike i'm not even at Tropo now, still trying to figure out why SS and GV no longer work for me... it's like things don't connect anymore or something is wrong. i removed the dialplan i have and replaced with a fresh GV_Simple one replcaed the GV credentials. and no go...

This has worked before just fine. not sure what is going on... i also noticed that sometimes calls don't connect that fast it's like after i hang up the event log shows.. some errors like it can't sned ACK or something and this is like 15 to 20 sec later ... which means things are a bit slow on SS right now.

My next step is to try a new GV account and a NEW IPKall number just to see what is happening...

Vonage Mobile and MagicJack (Through SIP Client) both work fine...

and SS works only with SIP to SIP.. like the CNN Radio 266...
once i get things back to normal on SS i will start working with Tropo again... which is BTW a great platform... i like it already...

Cheers...

MikeTelis

Post by MikeTelis » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:53 am

My IPKall numbers are still working, no problem (touching the wood). Have you tried calling from a different network connection? Or, try bridging your calls with Voxalot or PBXes to see whether it helps.