No Incoming calls

Support zone
sllion

No Incoming calls

Post by sllion » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:11 am

Hello everyone,

I have just configured sip sorcery with a simple dial plans for out going calls. It works great.

But I am not able to get the incoming calls. I dont have a dial plan for incoming calls.

I am using VSP iinet in Australia. What do I need to do to get the incoming calls from iinet to ring in the SIP device?

sllion

Re: No Incoming calls

Post by sllion » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:17 am

I saw in a related thread that to forward calls from my VSP to sipsorcery, I need to create a new numeric only sip username, which I did. However, to call forward, my VSP only accepts the destination phone number in the format XX XXXX XXXX format, so when I enter xxxxxxxxxx@sipsorcery.com it doesn't accept the number.

Any one who has done the call forwarding to sipsorcery, could you share how you did the call forwarding?

Thank You.

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:26 am

By the looks of it you shouldn't need a dedicated SIP account for iinet. Did you try using the settings on https://iihelp.iinet.net.au/VoIP_settings when configuring a SIP provider entry on your sipsorcery account? If you check the Register box on your SIP provider entry that's all you should need to do to get incoming calls working.

sllion

Post by sllion » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:08 am

Aaron wrote:By the looks of it you shouldn't need a dedicated SIP account for iinet. Did you try using the settings on https://iihelp.iinet.net.au/VoIP_settings when configuring a SIP provider entry on your sipsorcery account? If you check the Register box on your SIP provider entry that's all you should need to do to get incoming calls working.
Thanks Aaron. As mentioned I deleted the second username (numeric) in sipsorcery.
In addition I checked the settings in the iinet url with the setting I configured for the SIP provider in sipsorcery.

Username: <<myvoip account with iinet>>
Password: <<myvoip account password with iinet>>
Server: sip.nsw.iinet.net.au
Register: Box selected
Register Contact: sip:<<my account with sipsorcery>>@sipsorcery.com

Still when I dial my voip number with iinet, I get the message that the number is disconnected or unavailable.
However, if I configure my voip router to register directly with iinet rather than to sipsorcery I get incoming calls.

Sipsorcery Outgoing calls via iinet works well and I have tried calls via iinet which works.

When I dial my voip number with iinet, in sipsorcery Console, nothing gets logged, but when I make outgoing calls the details are logged, the sequence thru the dialplan.

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:19 pm

Try

Register Contact: sipsorcery_username@69.59.142.213

Some providers don't accept a domain name such as sipsorcery.com in the regsitration addresses and instead require an IP address.

sllion

Post by sllion » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:59 pm

Thank You Aaron.

Managed to get it working by using the IP address in the registration address. In addition, I also a numeric account and associate the registration with the mynumeric account@ip address for sipsorcery.

Thank You for your assistance.