Incoming Call processing

Support zone
sllion

Incoming Call processing

Post by sllion » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:17 pm

Hi,

Currently when I get an incoming call, all SIP devices registered will ring as per normal.

However, I would like to configure an incoming dial plan so that when there is an incoming call, it first rings on the first nominated device (ie home phone) and after a delay or no answer, ring on the next devices (ie mobile phones).

The home phone and mobile phones have SIP agents and are registered with sipsorcery (as the multiple SIP devices).

Aaron
Site Admin

Re: Incoming Call processing

Post by Aaron » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:40 am

With a Ruby dialplan you can use the second option on a sys.Dial command to specify a ring timeout.

Code: Select all

sys.Dial("1234@somewhere.com", 10) # If no answer within 10s give up and move onto the next command.
sys.Dial("4567@somewhere.else.com")
You can do the same thing with a SimpleWizard dial plan by choosing the DialAdvanced option after which you will get a dedicated box to enter your ring timeout value. Both the Ruby and SimpleWizard dialplans will have the same effect the choice of which to sue comes down to whether you prefer a script or wizard approach.

sllion

Post by sllion » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:06 am

Thank You Aaron managed to get it working via Ruby dialplan.

A related question, as the mobile phone may not have internet connectivity all the time, compared with the homephone is there a way to check the connection to this sip device (mobile phone) from the dialplan and then get it to ring after the homephone.

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:15 pm

Are you calling your mobile via it's mobile number or to a SIP client on the mobile? If it's a SIP client and it's registering with sipsorcery you could check whether its available. If you are calling your mobile number there's no way to use sipsorcery to check whether its within coverage.

sllion

Post by sllion » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:09 pm

I am calling the mobile not via its mobile number but to its SIP client on the mobile.

What I am trying to do is, if the mobile SIP client has registered with sipsorcery (connected to internet via mobile), then get the call to the SIP client to ring on the mobile SIP client.

I think what I need to do is (if possible) check the bindings of the SIP clients, build a list and then get it to ring (in sequential order, with delay) on the active SIP clients. Is it feasible and could you provide some pointers to perform it.

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:11 am

You can use the sys.IsAvailable method. It's documented here http://www.sipsorcery.com/mainsite/Help ... ans#Status.

sllion

Post by sllion » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:23 pm

Thank You Aaron.