How to cancel and get refund

Any suggestion welcome
televoip

How to cancel and get refund

Post by televoip » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:35 am

I hate to put this on the open forum but I can't find any other place to ask the question. I have had nothing but problems with SipSorcery. Silverlight will only run (and not well) on one machine I own, even though Silverlight is installed. When I create a dialplan, I get an error when I try to apply it a endpoint. Even inbound when I have no dialplan, I don't get an inbound call. I looked for errors in the console, but it only worked once, then it wouldn't connect again. Many times when I hit the website is is down (or at least it is for me). I've read the help, and the forums and either the error I have isn't listed anywhere or the help provided doesn't work. I don't think I'm a moron. I've successfully run both Asterisk and Freeswitch, but I can't get anywhere with SipSorcery. I'm ready to give up. I know how to cancel but how do I get my money back??

Aaron
Site Admin

Re: How to cancel and get refund

Post by Aaron » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:58 am

Send an email to admin@sipsorcery.com and please include your username.

televoip

Post by televoip » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:46 pm

Thanks for the information. After having a night to think about the problems I was having, I've decided to delete everything and try again. This time when/if I run into problems, I will get detailed information about the problem and submit the information to the forum. At least that way, I will know I did everything I could before I cancel, and hopefully, I'll be able to get it to work instead. Sometimes when I'm frustrated I need to get away from it and then start over from the beginning. Thanks again.

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:29 am

Sure no problems, please feel free to post whenever you get stuck. One common mistake I see is people trying to set everything up in one big bang. For example 5 SIP accounts, 10 SIP providers and an elaborate dial plan. If I was to set up that sort of configuration I'd do it in at least 3 steps:

1. Create the SIP account and make sure they could register. Combine that with the simplest possible outgoing dialplan which can verify an outgoing call is working which is as below and make sure each SIP account can hear music for an outbound call.

Code: Select all

sys.Dial("music@iptel.org")
2. Create each provider one-by-one and where required test incoming and outgoing calls. For an incoming call no extra configuration is required other than registering the provider and having a SIP account with your default username online. For outgoing calls you could modify the simple dialplan from the first step to be as below where 123456 is some number like your mobile.

Code: Select all

sys.Dial("123456@new_provider_name")
3. The final step is to wire up the SIP accounts from step 1 with the SIP providers from step 2. This is where it can get a bit more involved depending on your requirements and at this point feel free to post to the Technical Support forum with a plain English description of what you're after and I or someone else will be able to provide a dialplan that at least gets you started.