Sipgate outgoing call no sound problem

Support zone
aeywas

Sipgate outgoing call no sound problem

Post by aeywas » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:17 pm

Actually, I can make outgoing call with my Sipgate account directly without any problem. However, I cannot use this Sipgate account via MySIPSwitch. The registration is successful but when making an outgoing call, it can dial a number but after connection, it has no sound.

My Orbtalk account and other accounts (except Sipgate.co.uk) via MySIPSwitch are working well.

I have tried to input several information associated with this Sipgate account in MySIPSwitch profile but the problem still exists. How should I do?

Thank you very much in advance.

gbonnet
Site Admin

Post by gbonnet » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:17 pm

Hi aeywas,

Have you tried to specify a STUN server in your phone's settings ?
stun.xten.com works fine usually.

Guillaume
Blueface [url=http://www.blueface.ie/]Phone[/url] Service

aeywas

Post by aeywas » Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:02 pm

Thank you for your reply.

I have tried the STUN server but the problem is still the same. The call connection is established but still has no sound.

Carlo

Post by Carlo » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:25 am

I guess I have an identical problem. When I use following setting for my inbound calls, I have a good connection with sound for both incoming and outgoing:

"user@sip.mysipswitch.com"

but when I use the following I have NO outgoing sound although incoming works fine:

"user@myIPaddress:5060"

The monitor shows that the call is handled fine, no error at all, so I guess the connection is set-up properly in both situations.
I would like to use the last option but I really cannot figure out why there is no sound in the outgoing direction. I have tried to set a STUN server but no success either. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

tcsekhar

Similar Blank outgoing calls issue with SMSDiscount.com

Post by tcsekhar » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:29 am

Has anyone figured out the issue? I can receive calls normally. But when I dial out, I don't hear anything but the phone that I dialed rings up and even if someone picks up, they can hear me but I don't hear anything - Not the Ring nor the person speaking.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Sekhar..

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:17 am

Hi Sekhar,

Unless you've configured your router to accept anonymous traffic from the internet on UDP 5060 any calls from a provider you haven't registered with will most likely be dropped.

Regards,

Aaron

ks

Post by ks » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:59 pm

hi
did you resolve this issue?
i have the same problem with freephoneline, when i dial i can hear the ring tone, the moment it's picked up there is a dead silence, but i'm told that i could be heard without any problems.
on the other hand, received calls seem to be fine.
i have the 5060 and the other ports required by freephoneline open.
thanks

fengfr

Post by fengfr » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:46 pm

Hi all,
I have the same problem.
My sip provider is wengo.fr.
The tricky thing is I made call to China, I can hear the other side very clear but when I try France, the quality was so pool. Of cause both of them couldn’t hear me.
And I try the test call of wengo.fr service : 333, I can hear myself, but the quality was terribly bad.
By the way, may I ask Carlo, where did you change the setting as you said :
I guess I have an identical problem. When I use following setting for my inbound calls, I have a good connection with sound for both incoming and outgoing:
but when I use the following I have NO outgoing sound although incoming works fine:

Thanks!
Carlo wrote:I guess I have an identical problem. When I use following setting for my inbound calls, I have a good connection with sound for both incoming and outgoing:

The monitor shows that the call is handled fine, no error at all, so I guess the connection is set-up properly in both situations.
I would like to use the last option but I really cannot figure out why there is no sound in the outgoing direction. I have tried to set a STUN server but no success either. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

gbonnet
Site Admin

Post by gbonnet » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:15 am

Hi fengfr,

My SIP Switch cannot influence audio quality as we deal with SIP only, it doesn't get into the audio path.

Have you specified a STUN server on your IP phone , softphone or ATA ?
is in the "Providers" settings, under the "Contact" field, if you tick 'Register with this provider'.
Blueface [url=http://www.blueface.ie/]Phone[/url] Service

fengfr

Post by fengfr » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:31 pm

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Here the stun I tried : stun.wengo.fr:3478
But changed nothing.
And about the “Providers” is it in the dial plan? Here is mine:
#Ruby
# Dial Plan Generated by Rubyzard v0.1
# If you need help, please post in our forum
# http://www.mysipswitch.com

# SIP tracing : true or false
sys.Trace = false

sys.Log("call from #{req.Header.From.FromURI.ToString()} to #{req.URI.User}.")

if sys.In then
# Do your INCOMING call processing customisations here.
if sys.IsAvailable() then
sys.Dial("#{sys.Username}@local",30)
sys.Respond(480, "#{sys.Username} Not available")
else
sys.Dial("Enter Number@Neuftalk",30)
sys.Respond(480, "#{sys.Username} Not available")
end

else
# Do your OUTGOING call processing customisations here.
sys.Dial("Neuftalk")

end
gbonnet wrote:Hi fengfr,

My SIP Switch cannot influence audio quality as we deal with SIP only, it doesn't get into the audio path.

Have you specified a STUN server on your IP phone , softphone or ATA ?
is in the "Providers" settings, under the "Contact" field, if you tick 'Register with this provider'.